Carnival Valor opinions?

gmike

I'm thinking of taking the Valor on a Nov 13 sailing. I've cruised Carnival before so I have a general idea on what to expect. Can anyone give me a few pluses and negatives they've experienced on this ship? Thank you in advance.

We cruised on the Valor last April and are leaving again this year on the 10th. We enjoyed that cruise and the ship. Nothing really stood out to me as being any different than any other Carnival 7-day cruise we have been on. The ports were great, although we didn't much care for Belize. We'll just be going to the Wet Lizard for a few hours this time and that's about it.

The Valor just went through a dry dock and got a Serenity area so I'll be curious to check that out.

If you have any specific questions on the ship or the port I'd be happy to answer them.

Oh, I just remembered that the satellite went out about halfway through the cruise and we lost most of the sports stations. The sports bar was pretty much empty the rest of the cruise and it was during the start of the NBA playoffs. That was the only negative I can remember, but not really Carnival's fault.

It has been four years since I was on the Valor, but loved the ship/cruise. If decor affects you, I found this ship to be somewhat subdued compared to other Carnival ships. Lots of stars and stripes, eagles but less "multi" colored than other decors. I liked it though.

Im glad that Valor now has a Serenity area. If you are interested in adults only deck, serenity is just that, a serenity area, less noise and action, but a nice option.

Like other conquest class ships, it has a fish and chips area just one deck up from the lido buffet area, and if you like seafood, it has battered fish, and chips, very nice calamari/zuchinni fritters, ahi/watermelon thing that was delicious, ceviche, bouillabaise (sp)? seafood soup, and oyster fritters. even if you dont like seafood, if you go to lido buffet, and find it hard to find a table, you will most often find tables and a quieter atmosphere up here. Just one level up from the aft part of the buffet.

We were on the Valor in January and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in a balcony room on the Panorma deck. Really liked the addition of the comedy clubs. Fish and chips and Mongolian were soooo good!

Sailed on Valor once and sailing her again in October. She's a great ship. Love the conquest class ships. The steam room and shower area are awesome. We had a balcony room. We enjoyed our time on the Valor. Still like the Glory a little bit better, but for the most part the same ship.

We were on the Valor a month ago and had a WONDERFUL 1st cruise. We must have enjoyed it due to the fact we booked another cruise for 2013. Not on the Valor but it got us hooked on Crusing :)) Serenity area was very nice, no new flat screens yet. We were the first cruise after it came out of drydock. Easy to get around the ship, we were in room 1019 on the Panorama Deck, loved the balcony. Will sail on her again someday for sure. Enjoy your cruise. Mark

Last minute for April 17, 2011....but it fit all my requirements for a 6-person group.

Sailed on the Valor in April 2009, and the whole week was a great experience. Could not enter port in Progreso, but the captain arranged a port stop for us in Key West. A big disappointment turned into a fabulous day in Key West. We loved our waitstaff, and felt the service was every bit as good as a previous RCCL cruise.

Archived