Military early saver question??

We are booked on Inspiration for 5/21. At the time of booking the ES was the cheapest. So far there's only been one price drop and it was past guest (which we are) but it was not lower than the ES. Does anyone know that if military rates ever go down.... and if they do, do we get the credit and how would I find out. I always see posts where people have gotten really good credits for the ss card and I want to be one of the lucky ones!

Not all cruises offer a military discount and when they do they're capacity controlled... in other words, only a specific percentage of cabins qualify for a military discount.

I've never seen military discounts published anywhere... perhaps someone else has.

Remember... in order to qualify for price protection the lower price must be PUBLISHED...

"Price Protection – If you find a lower Carnival Advertised Rate, after booking, Carnival will match it and issue the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit."

:)

I can't say where, but there are several major online travel sites which do list military rates. So, google is your friend. And just to clarify, rates posted on sites other than Carnival are considered Carnival Advertised Rates because no agencies are allowed to undercut Carnival. So either the agency is publishing Carnival rates, or they are breaking the law/rules. I got ES-OBC twice several weeks ago by submitting price drops that I found on other websites.

PS- Just tried google myself and yes- you will find sites listing military rates- wanted to check and make sure I wasn't just guessing here.

On our last cruise we initially booked through ES. I continually called and checked rates (military) and eventually the military rate was lower. They switched my booking over the phone and credited me the difference. Easier then filling out all of the ES forms with price drops :rolleyes:

On our last cruise we initially booked through ES. I continually called and checked rates (military) and eventually the military rate was lower. They switched my booking over the phone and credited me the difference. Easier then filling out all of the ES forms with price drops :rolleyes:

But military rates aren't always the lowest I don't think. Why not stay with ES and watch for other price drops. Or for that matter, if military rates drop, you would have been eligible for further OBC. The ES forms take about 2 minutes to fill out. Certainly easier than checking for further price drops- will agree with that since it can become an obsession- I swear that I'll be checking rates the morning I cruise- just cause maybe they might have dropped the rates further:rolleyes:

Once you book Early Saver, you're always Early Saver no matter which other rates you match to. We booked Early Saver and now have a lower price through Senior Rates. If any other rate goes down we can still keep matching prices until two days before sailing.

As others have said, yes you will get OBC. I had the same scenario, submitted the paperwork and had my account credited within the past week. The pleasantly surprising thing was that I was actually given more credit than the difference I submitted - apparently the price had either dropped more than I knew or I hadn't found the cheapest rate - or something! Either way, what a nice surprise - and great customer service! :)

I can't say where, but there are several major online travel sites which do list military rates. So, google is your friend. And just to clarify, rates posted on sites other than Carnival are considered Carnival Advertised Rates because no agencies are allowed to undercut Carnival. So either the agency is publishing Carnival rates, or they are breaking the law/rules. I got ES-OBC twice several weeks ago by submitting price drops that I found on other websites.

PS- Just tried google myself and yes- you will find sites listing military rates- wanted to check and make sure I wasn't just guessing here.

Agree with everything you've had to say here!

We booked our upcoming cruise under military rate. I just checked today to see if the rates had gone down. Apparently they had and they offered me an upgrade. I turned it down because we wanted to keep our cove balcony and asked for obc instead. They said the only thing they could do was upgrade us because we booked under military rate. They weren't allowed to give obc. :mad:

We booked our upcoming cruise under military rate. I just checked today to see if the rates had gone down. Apparently they had and they offered me an upgrade. I turned it down because we wanted to keep our cove balcony and asked for obc instead. They said the only thing they could do was upgrade us because we booked under military rate. They weren't allowed to give obc. :mad:

Sounds like you're after Final Payment Deadline, in which case they do not give price adjustments, just upgrades. ken

Archived