Canopy Tour and zipline

tatertot4

We just go off the Adventure of the Seas March 13 and really enjoyed our excursion to St. Lucia. It is a poor island and there is still some damage from a hurricane last year. We took a ship excursion to the Rainforest and did the canopy tour and zipline. There were about 24 of us in our van and it was a 30 min. curvy ride up to the rainforest. We had the option to buy a locker for $5 to put our cameras and personal items in. There is a nice bathroom and gift shop there too. First we took a tram up to the top of the jungle with our guide Jesse. There were lots of photo opportunities and Jesse gave us info on the trees, plants, birds and butterflies. We rode the tram up and back down then got ready for the zip line. The woman were harnessed up for the zipline by woman guides and the men with the men so no one felt uncomfortable. We were given a hairnet, helmet and gloves for the zipline then a short hike up to the first zip. Our guide Jesse gave us a brief lesson and the fun began. There are 10 platforms that you zipline off of and a short hike/steps in between. We all had a fantastic time! At the end of the tour the gear was turned in and we were given complimentary rum punch in the gift shop. In the gift shop you had the opportunity to buy a photo of your individual zip and a group photo for $12 each. I highly recommend this excursion for most people.

Hi there....I'd like to do a zipline tour for our AOS cruise this December. Did you book your tour privately or thru RCCL?

We booked thru RCL on their website in advance for $117 and the name of the tour was Arial Tram and Canopy. You could do it privately and just take a taxi up to the tram site. The ride is about 30-45 min on curvy, pothole ridden roads. Once at the site there are lockers for $5 altho you I wish I would have taken my camera on the zipline. Our guide offered to take pictures for us if we had cameras. There can be quite a wait for the zips and canopy so it might be better to have it booked in advance and they get you back to the ship on time too.

We booked thru RCL on their website in advance for $117 and the name of the tour was Arial Tram and Canopy. You could do it privately and just take a taxi up to the tram site. The ride is about 30-45 min on curvy, pothole ridden roads. Once at the site there are lockers for $5 altho you I wish I would have taken my camera on the zipline. Our guide offered to take pictures for us if we had cameras. There can be quite a wait for the zips and canopy so it might be better to have it booked in advance and they get you back to the ship on time too.

Sounds amazing. Thanks for the information!!!! How do you secure your camera while zipping? I'd love to have pictures too, but I don't want to risk shattering my camera to get them!

Archived