comfort suites near seattle space needle??

dustyroad

after hours of checking for a decent hotel in seattle ( they are much higher than the vancouver hotels in my opinion ) i need advice on the comfort suites by the needle. they have a continental breakfast, free shuttle service to downtown and their rate is in our price range. the hotels downtown are wonderful i am sure but they are out of my price range and if i use priceline i might end up far away from public transportation. my friend who is going with me cannot walk long distances. so a 10 block walk for will not do for us. does anyone have any experiences with this hotel. i really will need to save money when we get to seattle ( it will be after the cruise and shopping in every port icon_biggrin.gif) so it looks like what we are looking for financially. i have never been to seattle or used comfort inns so i am just hoping it is as good as it looks on the net.

thanks alot. i know i can count on my good friends here to help out.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

• 2 weeks later...

Dusty,

I've stayed in the Comfort Suites by the space needle a couple of times on trips to Seattle. It is a nice hotel, targeted at business travelers. The continental breakfast is better than many I've had. No pool. The rooms are tastefully decorated, many have a larger seating area with a couch. Not really any good views and not many restaurants close. You will need some kind of transportation to get places - downtown is a bit of a walk, but the Seattle Center is just a couple of blocks away.

seaya39

thanks so much for the reply. it is good to know it is a good stay and that the continental breakfast is good also. plus i found out that we get a discount because my friend is over 60. now if they will just add on the 15% discount from the coupon in the seattle supersaver coupon book it will be great.

thanks again.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Try using this discount link and booking through it and see if it's cheaper. We've used it several times and gotten great deals.

http://www.smarterliving.com/hotel/mb.php?id=1417&ctid=choicehotels_mbb

Car Destiny-W Caribbean-6/1/00

Sovereign - Bahamas - 6/15/01

Star Princess-Alaska-7/16/02

Navigator-E Caribbean-8/02/03

Mariner-W Caribbean-01/25/04

Caribbean Princess - 9/25/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !!!!!!

Kathi

Kathi_Whale001.gif

LOVE THE VOYAGER AND GRAND CLASS!!! BUT ANY SHIP WILL DO!!!

laginog

thanks for the great site. it is just what i was looking for. i am hearing more and more good things about the comfort inn and they have a free shuttle to downtown. i think we have decided to go there. also in the seattle super saver coupon book their is a coupon worth 15% off and my travel companion will be 60 so that helps too. thanks again

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Hi Dusty , Hi just booked the Silver Cloud Inn and Hotel at Lake Union , Seattle on Hotwire, good price. They have Continental Bkfst.free in room high speed internet,in room fridge,coffee maker , hairdryer, microwave etc. and guest laundry facilities, fitness center, indoor and outdoor polls and spa, and free area shuttle, which hopefully will take us to Seattle center and from there we can take the public transportation to other areas. I like the idea of being close enough to downtown but yet away enough to have less stress.From what I can tell it looks like a nice place. We go in Sept. 2004 I will post a note when we get back and let you know how it was. Just thought you might like to know. icon_smile.gif

Cori

thanks cori

i will keep an eye out for your post when you get back. what ship will you be on? you are going to have a wonderful time.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

We are going on the Sapphire, am really looking forward to it. We went thru Panama Canal last year and ended up in New Orleans at Mardi Gras, it was great, we have cruised to the Mexican Rivera a few times , it was fun but the Canal will be hard to beat. I will post about the hotel when we return.

Cori

Archived