No more lounge chairs on balcony??

We confirm “no more lounge chairs in balcony in Liberty of the Seas”.

We stayed at 1402 aft balcony cabin in 6 oct cruise, and only have 3 regular chairs, 1400 have only regular chairs, and 1404 yes, there are a lounge chair.

We requested a lounger at our stateroom attendant, and they provided us a semilounge chair (as the ones that use in the promenade)

Attendant explained us that all lounge chairs are removed or in process of remove from the balconies for security reasons ¿?. Only remained loungers at junior suites and above categories, and at certains regular balconies, if previous passengers at requested and attendant don´t remove in embarcation day.

(sorry for my very very bad english)

Heck I love those semi Lounge chairs we have 1688 on our April cruise I hope we get those instead of lounge chairs , those are some good sleeping chairs LOL.

I know this thread is old, but since it has been bumped I will add that on Adventure last year we had 7388 and couldn't get loungers or a large table for our massive balcony. Multiple requests to our stateroom attendant and the head of housekeeping yeildied nothing. (Disappointing because we had 1690 on Mariner some years before and despite being a smaller size we had two loungers and a big table.) We were cruising with a group and had to drag the coffee table out onto the balcony for our evening wine and cheese gatherings...

Which cabins usually have loungers (or used to). The only times we had them were JS, GS and OS (as well as an accessible on Indy). We are in Boardwalk Balcony in March, any chance of even a semi-lounger in that category?

It sounds like a Captain/Staff Captain/Security Officer issue. Makes me wonder who the Captain, Staff Captain, and Security Officer were on the ships the times they weren't allowed to have loungers on the balconies. I'll bet there's a common denominator :rolleyes:

Logic tells me that IF it's a fire regulation, that it would apply to all cruise lines who dock in a US port, not just RCI. Has anybody heard if anyone else is doing this? :confused:

This has been the case for some time now on Princess. Apparently, it was a decision resulting from a pretty big fire on the Star Princess a few years earlier.

No amount of begging, pleading, asking the right person, asking the person nicely, would get a lounger on the balcony.

The larger suites have loungers, but they are made of teak and not the same type of plastic material that went up in flames on the Star.

Yes....I'm afraid this is imminent. Since this is very important to DH (to lounge on his private balcony), we'll just have to make sure we save up longer to get the higher up cabins that still have loungers.

Dawn

Liberty of the Seas. Nov. 10th sailing. Aft cabin 8412. One lounger, one chair and a table.

We asked the attendant for a second lounger and he said he wasnt' sure if he could get one. My husband right away told him not to worry about it, as he don't sit out there.

On a side note, I found it to hot, with very little air moving out there. Hardly sat out there during the day. At night we were to tired.

Jewel of the Seas. 8168 Aft - D2 on October 28th had 2 lounge chairs, 1 regular chair, 1 chair with attached ottoman and a small table.

All was removed during Superstorm Sandy and returned once things had calmed down. It was actually quite something watching them take the furniture through our cabin during the storm. This involved opening the balcony door very wide and the wind and rain were driving into the cabin.

I know this thread is old, but since it has been bumped I will add that on Adventure last year we had 7388 and couldn't get loungers or a large table for our massive balcony. Multiple requests to our stateroom attendant and the head of housekeeping yeildied nothing. (Disappointing because we had 1690 on Mariner some years before and despite being a smaller size we had two loungers and a big table.) We were cruising with a group and had to drag the coffee table out onto the balcony for our evening wine and cheese gatherings...

This alarming! We have the other corner on Adventure booked- but I will not keep it if we cannot enjoy it, we will sail another line that is more comfortable and responsive- I'm already half way to ditching this one, but DH insists that balcony would be great; but not if we can't enjoy it:mad:

I will keep my eye on this thread going forward...but too many other tantalizing choices out there to be disappointed by this!

Those lounge chairs are sooo comfortable - maybe people are taking them home in their luggage - or throwing them off the aft balconies so they have a seat on the beach at Labadee!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have been known to take the footstool and the cushions from the bed out and make my own compfy nest - told I was not to do it, but - oh well - did not get tossed off the ship!!:p:p

Just got off the Explorer OTS Nov. 15,2012 sailing. Had corner aft (E1) balcony, stateroom 7688. It had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a large table. Wonderful cruise! :D

That was our cabin in September. Great balcony! Way bigger than the cabin itself.

Phyl

All depends in the ship rules.

Liberty will not allow them unless you are JS or above. It is their rule and we just got off her and checked on our way to disembark- looking at Aft balconies below a JS and NO loungers on aft balconies on Liberty.

Been there......on our LOS TA B2B in April/12, none were allowed on an aft balcony below JS category. That is why on our TA Oct/12 we had a look......nope none. Didn't book an aft this time.

This is what the longe cairs look like on our Allure JS balcony this week.

It seems that all the ocean view balcony rooms have these. But, none of the inner balcony rooms have any more than the table and two chairs.p

We had no loungers on our Allure JS balcony. We were told it was for safety (fire) reasons. However, the FS right next store had upholstered furniture! Go figure!

I asked our steward and her supervisor if we could have a lounger or two and were told no. I included this in my customer comment card at the end of the cruise. Why bother having a nice, large balcony and nothing comfortable to sit on? I would have been happy with the more upright chairs with the separate footrest from the beach pool. I'm short and like to put up my feet. If DH is not on the balcony with me, I'll just use the other chair.

We had another JS on Oasis the following year. This time we had one lounger, but the JS on either side each had two.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this.

I don't expect a lounger on our D1 balcony on Explorer next week, but when one spends more on a bigger cabin with a bigger balcony, I would expect something nicer.

Wonder..... if they will change the categories like Oasis/Allure to more D numbered 1,2,3,4,5, category cabins and then you will pay more for the Loungers if you book a bigger balcony?

Very inconsistent now which is frustrating. Lucky if you get a lounger on a bigger balcony it seems.

We had 2 loungers on our suite balcony. Of course, when we came back from the safety drill, we caught the man from the next room on our balcony--he had climbed across the rail and taken one of our loungers over to his balcony. What a great way to start a cruise.

All depends in the ship rules.

Liberty will not allow them unless you are JS or above. It is their rule and we just got off her and checked on our way to disembark- looking at Aft balconies below a JS and NO loungers on aft balconies on Liberty.

Been there......on our LOS TA B2B in April/12, none were allowed on an aft balcony below JS category. That is why on our TA Oct/12 we had a look......nope none. Didn't book an aft this time.

sometimes they must break the rules.

We had aft balcony cabin 8412. This is a regular aft balcony, not a JS. We had ONE lounger when we arrived. And it was still there when we left the ship

Archived