Will F26 avoid both Margi Gras and Sp Brk?

ionsys

Geez reading the thread re March 6 sp brk crowd was a revelation.

Being from Canada, most of our college kids were off from Fri Mar 11-18 but I gather that many US colleges favour the prior week Mar 4-11

So, we booked the Spirit for Sunday F26/2012 for 1 wk---presume we will miss the drunken event?

Next hazard is the Mardi Gras effect---Ash Wed falls on Feb22 in 2012 so it's a zoo from Sunday F19-thru F22--we arrive in Fri F24 for 2 days in FQ before boarding on F26...I would imagine that MG revellers wanting also to cruise would have returned from their cruise on Sunday F19 rather than wait another 4 days after F22 to get on a ship.

So, I'm thinking that F26-Mar4 cruise will be 'normal'...???

You will probably be lucky about the spring break people not being around. As for the Mardi Gras people, just join in the fun, but MAKE SURE YOU BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW!!! New Orleans will be booked a year in advance at that time of year.

Ah I see now that you'll be there after the whole party time so I think you should be fine. The party stops at 12:01 Feb. 22. ;)

The February cruises out of NOLA this year did not have any problems, BUT, US schools have Spring Breaks running from mid-Feb through late April. Each school is a little different and they sometimes change from year to year.

Most colleges in the US are off for Spring Break the month of March.Many Public schools are closed during President's week. This is usually the 3rd week of Feb. Public schools may also be closed during Passover/Easter week.

That's because, as everyone knows, the Canadaians are always polite. :D

Yes, all Canadians I have met are polite and great folks.

But, I did not realize there was shortage of letters in their alphabet. - Has twitter done this to us?

(re:the seriously shortened title and notes)

Yes, all Canadians I have met are polite and great folks.

But, I did not realize there was shortage of letters in their alphabet. - Has twitter done this to us?

(re:the seriously shortened title and notes)

I was perplexed when I first read the heading, I was thinking F26 was some kind of cabin or deck designation. Then I thought it was about avoiding Margi who must have made a bad impression on the OP and I was completely flummoxed by the sp brk, I kept reading that as some kind of barking. I read it 3 times before I got the gist of the post! HAhaa :D

Archived