Princess Customer Service and Referral Program

serenity27

After having traveled with Princess for many years, I am finding it incredibly frustrating to collect on the Referral Program. Has anybody else had this problem and if so, how did you deal with it? I have heard so many different excuses today as to why they can't give it but none of the excuses makes sense based on the rules of the Referral Program. I have always loved Princess but unfortunately I fear their customer services skills are declining. :(

Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

I too have had very frustrationg experiences with Princess not applying the credit to my sailings for those whom I have referred and have sailed with Princess. Seems that if it is a couple they only allow credit for 1 person, not each one nor other credits for any family sailing with that refereral... My TA has had to make numerous calls just to have some of the credits given to me. Seems there must be a lot of fine print among the rules for referrals that we are not seeing ! I have stopped adding to my list as it is just too annoying and those sailing with the letter that Princess sends them informing them of some onboard credit only applies in "certain cases" to that booking ! Makes it appear that I am "using" these friends to my advantage ! I hope that Princess views this concern and remedies the problem !

I recently used the "refer a friend" for 2 couples who traveled with us. All 4 people (each person was referred separately) received their $25 off the price of their cruise. It was automatic for 2 of the people, and for the other two I had to ask my TA about it...for some reason it didn't link automatically.

Although it's supposed to apply to the referrer if they're on the same voyage, we did 14 days and our friends did the 2nd 1/2, so it didn't get credited on to our trip. But it showed up on My Princess right away, listed as either "pending booking" until they booked, "pending sailing" until they sailed, and now shows as "active" with a "sail by" date.

When I check the price of a cruise, the $100 credit is automatically applied to the price.

So my question is, do you see it under the Circle Savings Account when you click on view details? If not, my guess is that somehow it didn't get registered to you when they first booked--they might have used a slightly different name, address, etc. If that was recently, you might still have the paperwork to show it (I received a referral number that I gave my TA when 2 of the people didn't automatically link).

I have referred couples twice. The first time was 2 years ago and I got $25.00 for each of them. Since they cruised before we did, the credit was applied to our cruise after they had completed there cruise. I just recently referred another couple who will be cruising with us in 2012. They have already applied my $50.00 credit to our cruise. I didn't have any problems either time either setting up the referral or receiving the credit for them.

Back in December, we had to call Princess at their 800 # because we were unable to register online. We are Elite members but had never tried to register online before this. I did the referral then, over the phone, because of the website issues (we tried from two different houses and two different places of work on four different computers and they were also having issues). They said doing it over the phone was no problem because of these issues. Now, they said there is no record of it and it's too late because my referral has just booked a cruise. I have left messages for a supervisor who has yet to return my call. Who would have thought I would have to fight so hard for $25? I never had this problem with RCL or the declining customer service with Crystal. I was just wondering if anybody else had these problems.

Back in December, we had to call Princess at their 800 # because we were unable to register online. We are Elite members but had never tried to register online before this. I did the referral then, over the phone, because of the website issues (we tried from two different houses and two different places of work on four different computers and they were also having issues). They said doing it over the phone was no problem because of these issues. Now, they said there is no record of it and it's too late because my referral has just booked a cruise. I have left messages for a supervisor who has yet to return my call. Who would have thought I would have to fight so hard for $25? I never had this problem with RCL or the declining customer service with Crystal. I was just wondering if anybody else had these problems.

I have had this problem as well. First with the problems registering on line and then claiming the referral promotion. I had a similar problem with RCL but they were more accomodating...but maybe because I'm Pinnacle and with Princess I'm just Platinum. My friend suggested I contact the captain's circle to get satisfaction.

The referral must be done BEFORE the referral books their cruise in order to get the credit. If the referral is done online, the referral can be used right away. Otherwise they have to wait until the letter comes in the mail.

I had no problems with the referrals I made and recieved the credit.

We are taking two new couples with us on an upcoming cruise. The first couple called me, we filled out the instant referal form online and one minute later they booked online, credit was already on both accounts. Second couple called and we did the same, no credit...I called Princess and, as it turnes out, they had already that morning signed in to and registered with Princess. The rep explained that the referee must have had NO CONTACT with Princess in any way! I guess that makes sense.

Archived