Star 8170 and 8670

fightpiter

I am just wondering if anyone has RECENTLY sailed in any of the deck 8 aft suites. If so how is the noise? Most of the complaints that I have found are over a year old. I am just wondering if it has been fixed. Also, if it is still noisy, what time does it quiet down?

Thanks

my DW and I will be in 8170 in about 2weeks. I will post an honest review. I have been told I can sleep through anything! My DW will wake at the slightest noise, I have read the "other" posts so we shall see.

Try this thread which was posted in February 2011 starting about post #5. We have friends staying in 8670 in April and I have been trying to do some reseach. These people returning from their cruise knew someone who was in 8170 and she said she didn't really hear much noise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1366147

We stayed in 8670 in July and we heard no noise at all. It was quite relaxing at the back of the ship.

Thank you. I have been hoping that someone who actually stayed in the cabin would post and let us know. I have been so worried that my friends first cruise on NCL would not be relaxing. I have been telling her how great the suite life is, and I didn't want it to be ruined by staying above a noise lounge. That was the only AE they had left when she booked Thanks again.

Thank you. I have been hoping that someone who actually stayed in the cabin would post and let us know. I have been so worried that my friends first cruise on NCL would not be relaxing. I have been telling her how great the suite life is, and I didn't want it to be ruined by staying above a noise lounge. That was the only AE they had left when she booked Thanks again.

You're welcome. I would book that cabin again, if we ever go back on the Star. they will also love the wrap-around balcony. It narrow on the side, but is great for picture taking ro just getting a different view.

My wife and I were in 8170 over a year ago (I know outside your timeframe) but we loved it and it has spoiled us forever. We have an aft suite on the Sun on the April 9th sailing and can't wait.

I don't remember any noise at all, and the room, balcony, and amenties were awesome.

My wife and I were in 8170 over a year ago (I know outside your timeframe) but we loved it and it has spoiled us forever. We have an aft suite on the Sun on the April 9th sailing and can't wait.

I don't remember any noise at all, and the room, balcony, and amenties were awesome.

Was that before the February 2010 dry dock? That was when they move the Spinnaker Lounge to the aft on deck seven, prior to that the gift shops were under those suites.

Was that before the February 2010 dry dock? That was when they move the Spinnaker Lounge to the aft on deck seven, prior to that the gift shops were under those suites.

Reba, yes it was, it was in October 2009. I still loved the room though, and like I said my wife and I are spoiled for life. We went with another couple and they had the opposite corner penthouse and they liked it also.

• 1 month later...

just got off that ship and that room. i would cancel it if you still can or switch rooms immediately! the noise was so loud it was ridiculous. the bass made our bed move. every night until 2am. one night my husband went down there and almost got in a fight with the dj. luckily people got off the ship half way through and the concierge switched us to their room.

We also just got off the ship. Our friends were in deck 8 aft suite 8670. They said they could hear the noise every night and it would vibrate the bed, but they were able to live with it. We were in a deck nine aft suite 9232 and we didn't hear anything. We spoke to our butler last night and he was telling us that all of the people in the aft cabins on deck eight had been moved to other rooms and that our friends were the only ones that stayed in their suite. So I would also say that if you have a deck 8 aft cabin booked on the Star I would cancel and book something else. According to our butler every cruise they have to move the people in those cabins because of the noise and that NCL is well aware of the problem and they have no plans to do anything to fix it.

We also just got off the ship. Our friends were in deck 8 aft suite 8670. They said they could hear the noise every night and it would vibrate the bed, but they were able to live with it. We were in a deck nine aft suite 9232 and we didn't hear anything. We spoke to our butler last night and he was telling us that all of the people in the aft cabins on deck eight had been moved to other rooms and that our friends were the only ones that stayed in their suite. So I would also say that if you have a deck 8 aft cabin booked on the Star I would cancel and book something else. According to our butler every cruise they have to move the people in those cabins because of the noise and that NCL is well aware of the problem and they have no plans to do anything to fix it.

Reba,

We were also on deck 8 aft cabin and could hear the band play nightly. The music was really loud and the bed would vibrate. I'm not sure where your butler got his information as we did not move cabins, nor did the two cabins on each side of us. The couple next to us also complained alot about the noise. We were offered to move to another cabin the 2nd to the last night of the cruise after they comfirmed cancellations. My advice is not to book cabins on deck 8.

I am just wondering if anyone has RECENTLY sailed in any of the deck 8 aft suites. If so how is the noise? Most of the complaints that I have found are over a year old. I am just wondering if it has been fixed. Also, if it is still noisy, what time does it quiet down?

Thanks

Here's another thread on the subject. We had both 8170 & 8670 booked for an Alaska cruise this summer, but changed to forward suites while onboard during our January PC transit due to the noise frrom the lounge.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1321206&highlight=star+aft+penthouse

Reba,

We were also on deck 8 aft cabin and could hear the band play nightly. The music was really loud and the bed would vibrate. I'm not sure where your butler got his information as we did not move cabins, nor did the two cabins on each side of us. The couple next to us also complained alot about the noise. We were offered to move to another cabin the 2nd to the last night of the cruise after they comfirmed cancellations. My advice is not to book cabins on deck 8.

Sorry to hear that you had all that noise. Did you make it to the Meet and Greet? It was great, but pretty big so it was really hard to get to visit much with anyone.

Our Butler said that the butler from deck eight had told him that only one couple had not been moved from the deck eight suites, but it sounds like maybe only one couple got moved (mslmesq) instead of only one couple being left.

YIKES! I sure am glad I was able to move from Stern Facing BA on 8 to one on 9!!! It's good to have friends ;)

I agree about the M&G. Whoever it was from the Roll Call, that contacted ncl to set it up, really did a poor job ;) ;)

YIKES! I sure am glad I was able to move from Stern Facing BA on 8 to one on 9!!! It's good to have friends ;)

I agree about the M&G. Whoever it was from the Roll Call, that contacted ncl to set it up, really did a poor job ;) ;)

Monte You did a fantasic job on the Meet and Greet. It would have been nice if NCL could have provided some place like the Aqua dining room since they knew we had so many people signed up.

Archived