Come out of the closet Carnival

Blondie008

I am a smoker and could care less if they banned it in the cabin..I never smoke in the room anyway

On the entire cruise...I would want a refund

As for banning smoking in public parks that are funded by my taxes...I have an issue with this also....I don`t ride a bike....that should be banned from the park also as it is annoying to me....changing childrens diapers that omit greenhouse gases ....ut oh...ban babies now from public parks....I am a smoker...I pay taxes...I want my rights as an american...ok at least let me smoke on my balcony

I do not worry about a fire in a cabin....IF that was such a huge threat..it would have happened already.

quote]

what do you do if you open your cabin door and the hallway is on fire ? you gonna call room service and complain ? Fire is bad , fire is even worse on a ship .

Is smoking like the new pot or what?

Apparently. It's all in the mind IMO. There are so many that "can't tolerate" smoke now because it's no longer fashionable. If smoking was still cool we wouldn't have these conversations. I'm gonna keep enjoying my occasional cigars, and not give a second thought to the prudes glaring at me and holding their noses. It's actually kind of funny. :D

Pot,,,,, well thats a whole other can of worms. It's illegal for many reasons, none of which are the public good. Weed should have been decriminalized ages ago. :eek:

I am a smoker and could care less if they banned it in the cabin..I never smoke in the room anyway

On the entire cruise...I would want a refund

As for banning smoking in public parks that are funded by my taxes...I have an issue with this also....I don`t ride a bike....that should be banned from the park also as it is annoying to me....changing childrens diapers that omit greenhouse gases ....ut oh...ban babies now from public parks....I am a smoker...I pay taxes...I want my rights as an american...ok at least let me smoke on my balcony

:eek: Where i live the no smoking in parks and on beaches works about as good as the poop and scoop law

Drastic or inconvenienced:confused:
I'd certainly say drastic. If you book a room with the expectation that you're allowed to smoke in the room & then they say, nope, you're not allowed. That is a drastic change. Smokers base their vacation choice on this. They choose a hotel or cruise line based on where they can or cannot smoke. If after booking, the rules change, they should be able to cancel without penalty.

I'm not a smoker. Don't like smoke. Avoid it whenever possible. But even I see this!! I honestly don't see the difference between me booking some room/experience with the expectation that I won't be exposed to smoke & the rules changing versus a smoker booking with the expectation that they can smoke & then being told they cannot.

I'm not debating whether someone should or should not be able to smoke. BUT if you book & are given the expectation that you'll be able to smoke OR have a smoke free vacation & those rules are changed, you should be able to cancel without penalty, because they changed the rules on you.

Apparently. It's all in the mind IMO. There are so many that "can't tolerate" smoke now because it's no longer fashionable. If smoking was still cool we wouldn't have these conversations. I'm gonna keep enjoying my occasional cigars, and not give a second thought to the prudes glaring at me and holding their noses. It's actually kind of funny. :D

Pot,,,,, well thats a whole other can of worms. It's illegal for many reasons, none of which are the public good. Weed should have been decriminalized ages ago. :eek:

Ya mon, Sandals vacations jamaica... ;) - i do get tempted on here when people ask about ocho rios excursion to advise taking the Marley tour...hmmmmm.....maybe not :D

I think the funniest place on earth has gotta be Amsterdam. Aside from the fact its a beautiful city, really beautiful... want to light a cigarette in a cafe...its not happenin..but lots of legal "cafes" have everything from green to brown to black, and one can smoke that until you are on planet zonko...

maybe thats why the Dutch are such happy liberal people.. who knows...

<Quote> Illinois non-smokers better get over it. Illinois is getting ready to sell smoking licenses to bars, resturants and gambling boats. Not making enough money off non-smokers, I guess <Quote>

Delaware was considering making bars that do not serve food switching back to smoking before the last election,now we dont know if it is still on the books.

Michele

Illinois non-smokers better get over it. Illinois is getting ready to sell smoking licenses to bars, resturants and gambling boats. Not making enough money off non-smokers, I guess.

Note to self - "put illinois on list of places to visit"

HELLO ILLINOIS!!!!!!

Why are you asking here and not on John's blog or on his Facebook page? I recall seeing him respond to someone that they have no plans to change the smoking policy in the near future. Why would you think you would get better info on this site than the site where you read it?

I did :)

However, the cc friends on here were much quicker!!!

Result :D

Drastic to me, who cares to you..

Each to their own!

If you call that drastic then it is drastic to me if I paid for certain ports and once on board was re routed. But I'm a realist and Know it is nothing more then an inconvenience.

I see no reason to allow smoking in the cabin. Besides the obvious fire hazard, there are countless outer decks everywhere that people can puff away on without leaving the stench sticking to the walls and furnishings.

Is it asking too much of someone to go outside to smoke? We do it in every office in the USA!!

I agree with you about the stench & not smoking IN the cabins, but could you site ONE example where smoking in a cabin has caused a cruise ship fire? Sorry, but I hate when people use this as part of their argument when I've never read or heard of an occasion where this has happened.

Ok I get it. Thanks;)

Dunno what i have done to upset you diva, but hey, life my sweet is way too short. I have been in countries where bombs go off daily, where terrorism is a part of life. I have been in hotels which were under attack, and seen poverty stricken Africa first hand many times... for sure...US and Brits.. I aint gonna harm you, you aint gonna harm me... I'll gladly be your neighbour - BUT bring my smokeless ashtray:)

There's not a handshake here..or I'd pass one to you..

Truce??? :)

Dunno what i have done to upset you diva, but hey, life my sweet is way too short. I have been in countries where bombs go off daily, where terrorism is a part of life. I have been in hotels which were under attack, and seen poverty stricken Africa first hand many times... for sure...US and Brits.. I aint gonna harm you, you aint gonna harm me... I'll gladly be your neighbour - BUT bring my smokeless ashtray:)

There's not a handshake here..or I'd pass one to you..

Truce??? :)

I was never upset. Heck I would even buy you a beer if you were old enough.

Upset/insult/anger....whatever term.... clearly my hand of peace was not accepted... :(

shame...I'm one of life's good guys :)

LOL! You are a guy:confused: Sir I am not upset, insulted, or angry. I just wanted you to see your dilemma from another perspective. Then maybe you would see it was not as drastic as forementioned.:)

LOL! You are a guy:confused: Sir I am not upset, insulted, or angry. I just wanted you to see your dilemma from another perspective. Then maybe you would see it was not as drastic as forementioned.:)

NOW you have me laughing..NO..I'm def no male :D:D back to termenolgy!

And the first beer is on me xoxox

It is kinda difficult to understand when you are not UK, how things work here, it applies to ALL vacations. I am still debating the deposit... work hard (as do many) for our vacations, and hate to see deposits going down the drain. Celebrity stiched us, so once bitten twice shy..

anyway...forget the handshake..give us a hug huh!!! xoxo

Archived