Info about balconies on Island Princess

wags

I found this info on an old thread so I don't know how reliable it is but I thought it might help answer all the questions about covered or uncovered.

A209-310; A416-504; A624-722 uncovered

A311-425; and A506-623 covered

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311-427; B622-645 covered

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

E207-310; E624-737 covered

I found this info on an old thread so I don't know how reliable it is but I thought it might help answer all the questions about covered or uncovered.

A209-310; A416-504; A624-722 uncovered

A311-425; and A506-623 covered

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311-427; B622-645 covered

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

E207-310; E624-737 covered

Wish this list would disappear....it's incorrect. We were on the Island and Princess in cabins A503 and A503 -- both half covered. I understand there are other inaccuracies in this list too. Find info elsewhere to be sure.

KAJOKG,Thanks for setting it straight. As I said I wasn't sure if it was accurate or not. I was hoping it was because we're in C230 and it says our balcony is covered. Now I don't know.

KAJOKG,Thanks for setting it straight. As I said I wasn't sure if it was accurate or not. I was hoping it was because we're in C230 and it says our balcony is covered. Now I don't know.

Most of the Caribe balconies are large and partially covered. Check the deck plans and see if yours is or not -- you can tell a little better by the brochure deck plans. If you are in a bump out section, most likely it will be covered. Your cabin is forward so I'm not sure, but most of those I could see from my balcony were half covered.

I've checked Princess site deck plans and it shows a large balcony with 2 lounge chairs for our cabin but others have said there are only two chairs and a table. I've even asked a Princess CSR and she didn't know if the balcony was covered or not. So Princess isn't much help as far as cabin info goes. I guess we'll just take what we get and not let it bother us. This is our 14th cruise (3 with Princess) and we have always enjoyed ourselves. Now if I only knew if we will get early tradtional seating for dinner!!

I've checked Princess site deck plans and it shows a large balcony with 2 lounge chairs for our cabin but others have said there are only two chairs and a table. I've even asked a Princess CSR and she didn't know if the balcony was covered or not. So Princess isn't much help as far as cabin info goes. I guess we'll just take what we get and not let it bother us. This is our 14th cruise (3 with Princess) and we have always enjoyed ourselves. Now if I only knew if we will get early tradtional seating for dinner!!

The smaller balconies only have 2 chairs and a table. Ours on the Aloha deck were small balconies. But looking down on the Caribe towards the stern, the Caribe balconies were large and half covered and had 2 lounge chairs. Hope that's what you get! We just returned from the Caribbean Princess and had a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck. It was very large and we had two lounge chairs, two arm chairs, a foot stool and a table. Doesn't get much better than that!!!

Are all of the minisuite balconies on the Caribe deck larger than on the dolphin deck? Thanks

It doesn't appear that way, but the Dolphin balconies are completely exposed except in the bumpout sections. Balconies look like they are the same size.

• 7 years later...
Wish this list would disappear....it's incorrect. We were on the Island and Princess in cabins A503 and A503 -- both half covered. I understand there are other inaccuracies in this list too. Find info elsewhere to be sure.

Thanks, we are in A503 and I was getting concerned, is this a good cabin?

Here's the definitive website that will answer all your questions about the Coral/Island Princess balconies...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Overall the website has great information but the info for the bump out balconies on Aloha deck appears to be incorrect. Looking at the photos. It appears that the bump out balconies are only partially covered with no more than 2-3 feet of the 5 foot depth covered. This is consistent with a recent post on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall the website has great information but the info for the bump out balconies on Aloha deck appears to be incorrect. Looking at the photos. It appears that the bump out balconies are only partially covered with no more than 2-3 feet of the 5 foot depth covered. This is consistent with a recent post on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they appear to be 1/3 covered... :)

Here's the definitive website that will answer all your questions about the Coral/Island Princess balconies...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

This website is great because we have b645 which is the last covered balcony. It helped me out when I was trying to decide if I wanted to change rooms.

Thanks for the OP & the link to the other site. :) The balcony we have booked appears to be covered, which we're happy about. We're undecided on whether we should pay a bit more & try to upgrade to the Caribe deck. The bigger balcony would be nice.

Archived