Which OC cabin is best?

LewiLewi

We looked into the aft OC and found out that air conditioning vents were in the middle aft section between the 2 OC aft cabins. Might be a noise issue.

We just spent three weeks in one of those Oceania Suites. You will never know that those vents are even there. Not a whisper of noise, and we had temperatures during our cruise of up to 105 degrees. :eek:

Beside lack of noise, did you find the cabin to be cool enough? Do you generally like it on the cool side? Did you investigate the OCs on 12, also?

If so, what did you think of them in general?

Thanks so much for your informative postings. Really enjoyed your "Best Meals."

Best to you,

Marcia:cool:

Beside lack of noise, did you find the cabin to be cool enough? Do you generally like it on the cool side? Did you investigate the OCs on 12, also?

If so, what did you think of them in general?

Thanks so much for your informative postings. Really enjoyed your "Best Meals."

Best to you,

Marcia:cool:

I've got to say that I was VERY IMPRESSED with the Oceania Suite that we were in, which was # 11083.

Later in the cruise, we had the opportunity of touring the Suites on Deck 12 (forward of the pool) and they were also gorgeous!

The major differences are:

The Suites at the stern of deck 11 are slightly smaller inside, but have a HUGE wrap around veranda. The guest bathroom in these rooms is a very compact half bath.

092302.jpg

The Master bathrooms on both decks were very comparable in size and facilities, but the guest bathroom on deck 12 is a second full bathroom. 092542.jpg

On Deck 12, the bedroom of the Suites has direct access to the Veranda through a sliding glass door.

023258.jpg

In the stern Suites, that doorway is a small rectangular window, which was a shame because the outdoor Jacuzzi is just there.

092826.jpg

On Deck 12, the Master Bathrooms were totally inside; in the Stern Suites, a HUGE Round Porthole type window flooded the space with natural night all day long

092600.jpg

We did find that the air conditioning was satisfactory (and we DO like it cool).

My true appreciation for your thoughtful and comprehensive reply to the burst of questions I sent. Don't know how you happened to have just the right photos available, but, along with the text, they fully answered this Oceania beginner's questions.

S & J, really enjoy all your postings. (The one with a mention of lamb chops engendered thoughts of kindred spirits.) You seem to be entertaining everyone--keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Marcia

Hi Stan & Jim,

Quick question: How is the window placement on the stern OC master bedroom. Can you see ocean while lying in bed? It seemed like the window was mounted high and might affect viewing.

Thanks!

Nuka

Hi Stan & Jim,

Quick question: How is the window placement on the stern OC master bedroom. Can you see ocean while lying in bed? It seemed like the window was mounted high and might affect viewing.

Thanks!

Nuka

You cannot see the ocean from the bed; another reason why I hope that they make that window into a sliding glass door on the Riviera.

Thanks again for the insight! I guess there are tradeoffs between the various OC suites, but I would miss not seeing the ocean from bed despite the larger balcony. Guess I will look at staterooms on either side of Deck 12 on the sides.

cheers!

Nuka

We decided to book an OC on Deck 12 because of the lying in bed and looking out the window issue; but we have had aft cabins on other ships and loved looking at the wake from bed. I would love to see photos of the OC cabin on Deck 12. Know where they are available?

Hi, I was on a waitlist that I anxiously waited to clear and it did this morning.

I am booked on Deck 12 (12012) now on Marina for a TransAtlantic cruise. In the end, I was just happy that I have a confirmed booking although if I had a choice I probably would have chosen an aft OC suite since the balcony was more expanisive. Thanks again for the pictures and suggestions - its all good ;)

cheers!

Nuka

Archived