A Few Random Questions - Jewel AB and other stuff!!

Hi all. I will be sailing on the Jewel in just 9 short days!! Yay!!! I have a few random questions left to ask. Any help would be appreciated!

1) In a two bedroom family suite, does the second bedroom have an upper and a lower bed? Is there are minimum age for the upper bed or can my six year old sleep up there? If there is a minimum age, can the lower bed sleep 2 comfortably or will one need the sofa?

2) Is there internet access in the AB suites? If so, how does it work? Is it wireless or do I need to bring a cord? Is it free or paid?

3) We have a portable "clamshell" that we plan to bring with us to GSC. Can we also bring it to Blue Lagoon or are there enough places to sit without it?

4) Are there any children's sand toys available at GSC or Blue Lagoon or will we need to lug those to the beach with us?

5) How does priority seating for shows work when you are in an AB? Is there a section where all suite people can sit without coming 45 min early? Do we need to make a reservation with the concierge? Is priority seating available for all shows?

6) Does anyone know if corned beef hash is available anywhere on the Jewel? My husband is a huge fan!

Thanks for all of your help!!!

2nd BR has a pullout couch for two. You did not mention ages for that.

And a pull down bed. I doubt there is any age restriction. You should be fine.

Some cabins have an internet connection. Various places on the ship have wireless.

EVERYBODY pays for internet access, wired, wireless, your computer or theirs. $.40 to $.75 per minute.

6) Does anyone know if corned beef hash is available anywhere on the Jewel? My husband is a huge fan!

On my Jewel cruise, there was corned beef hash available every morning at the breakfast buffet.

Hi all. I will be sailing on the Jewel in just 9 short days!! Yay!!! I have a few random questions left to ask. Any help would be appreciated!

1) In a two bedroom family suite, does the second bedroom have an upper and a lower bed? Is there are minimum age for the upper bed or can my six year old sleep up there? If there is a minimum age, can the lower bed sleep 2 comfortably or will one need the sofa? There is both an upper and a lower. The upper is a single, don't know about minimum age. The lower is about the size of a full bed, my 16 year old daughter and her friend preferred to share the lower bed.

2) Is there internet access in the AB suites? If so,

how does it work? Is it wireless or do I need to bring a cord? Is it free or paid? It's all paid access, no matter what level. You will have wireless, but I would bring a cord anyway, as we seemed to get a bit faster service - important because service is soooooo sloooooow and costly.

3) We have a portable "clamshell" that we plan to bring with us to GSC. Can we also bring it to Blue Lagoon or are there enough places to sit without it? Not sure, haven't been to Blue Lagoon

4) Are there any children's sand toys available at GSC or Blue Lagoon or will we need to lug those to the beach with us? Sorry, never went with children.

5) How does priority seating for shows work when you are in an AB? Is there a section where all suite people can sit without coming 45 min early? Do we need to make a reservation with the concierge? Is priority seating available for all shows? I am pretty sure priority seating is only available for courtyard villas and higher, at least it has been on all our Jewel class sailings.

6) Does anyone know if corned beef hash is available anywhere on the Jewel? My husband is a huge fan! Can't help you with this, but I suspect they will have it in the main dining room, don't remember seeing it at Cagney's, but I could be wrong.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Robin

Bear in mind that on a significant number of cruises rough water precludes stopping at GSC.

We don't mind. We're very flexible and the portable clamshell doesn't take up much room at all.

Thank you for the info on the corned beef. My husband will be very happy to get his hash and poached eggs!!

Can anyone confirm the priority seating being for Courtyard and higher? I was really looking forward to that option! Bummer.

I guess I had better bring along a sand pail or two!! A day at the beach just isn't the same wihout your sand toys!!

Thanks everyone!

Can anyone confirm the priority seating being for Courtyard and higher? I was really looking forward to that option! Bummer.

Yes, only courtyard and above get the special seating section at shows. Don't be too upset, though, because that area is not the best seat location. It is on the far side of the theatre.

Despite what the sign says, all cruisers in suites get reserved seating in the Stardust. Just talk to your concierge. He'll take care of you. We've had an AB twice on Jewel and were always seated in that section.

Corned beef hash is not in Cagney's at breakfast, but if your DH needs it, all he has to do is ask for it. They'll get it for him from the Garden Cafe or MDR. On our last cruise there was a traveler in Cagney's who asked for it every morning.

I doubt the bunk police will break down your door. If you feel confident with your child sleeping in the upper bunk, then that's up to you. He should be fine.

Internet access is available in the AB only through an ethernet port. There's no wifi. If you need wifi, you'll need to go to one of the lounges.

3) We have a portable "clamshell" that we plan to bring with us to GSC. Can we also bring it to Blue Lagoon or are there enough places to sit without it?

4) Are there any children's sand toys available at GSC or Blue Lagoon or will we need to lug those to the beach with us?

I assume you are asking about the Blue Lagoon in the Bahamas. When we were there in December they had very few umbrellas that actually worked. I would highly recommend taking your own since it's portable. We have sand chairs with their own canopies which we didn't take since they said the chairs and umbrellas were included. Blue Lagoon did have clamshells you could rent. I didn't see any sand toys, just tubes and floats. We did take our chairs to GSC.

1) In a two bedroom family suite, does the second bedroom have an upper and a lower bed? Is there are minimum age for the upper bed or can my six year old sleep up there? If there is a minimum age, can the lower bed sleep 2 comfortably or will one need the sofa?

2) Is there internet access in the AB suites? If so, how does it work? Is it wireless or do I need to bring a cord? Is it free or paid?

5) How does priority seating for shows work when you are in an AB? Is there a section where all suite people can sit without coming 45 min early? Do we need to make a reservation with the concierge? Is priority seating available for all shows?

You won't get priority seating for shows ..BUT that is not worth the price of an A4 room vs your room. The seats were awful .Even if you came to shows at say 15 mins before if there were just two , there were alwaysss seats.. better seats available than the ones reserved for CY rooms only. You are saving a ton of money doing it your way.. and it is the best way. ( At least on the Jewel)

3) You could bring the clam shell to Blue Lagoon, but it probably isn't necessary. There are lots of trees and places for shade if you want them.

4) I don't recall children's sand toys being available at GSC or Blue Lagoon, although I saw parents bringing them with them. At GSC, you can rent floats, snorkel gear, etc. At Blue Lagoon, they have lots of complimentary tubes, noodles, kayaks, paddle boats, etc. They also have inflatable slides, floats, toys, etc., at the lagoon.

6) The corned beef hash on the jewel is the best that I have ever had. It is available in the main dining room and at the Garden Cafe for breakfast every morning.

Archived