wheelchair access at Megan's Bay

EileenN

I questioned this on the disabled board and it was suggested that someone from this board may have been to Megan's Bay recently.

We are trying to determine if there has been recent changes to the beach entry near the bathrooms and how it looks. Also if the cab drivers are able to drop off near the restrooms.

• 2 weeks later...

yes they can drop off right next to bathrooms, i have not seen a ramp from parking lot down through the sand to the water, however the right side of the rest-bar area the beach and water is right next to the drop off area and tables right there too. one could get out of taxi and take 4-6 steps and be sitting at a table on the beach with the ocean just a few more steps away. hope this helps... enjoy

Secret Harbour had a beach wheelchair several years ago. I do not know if it is still available. Goggle them and see if they give a phone number for the Dive Shop. The Dive Shop would know. They have ramps to the beach and to the restrooms and food areas also.:)

B.

Archived