Oh my heavens!! Just got our flight info.....

lovethesun40

Call your TA, ask if the flights have been ticketed.

If they have been ticketed you may have difficulty changing the flights.

If they have not been ticketed, that means they are only on reserve. Your TA should then demand a different flight plan. We had the same thing happen to us, landing at 2:30 on the day of the cruise. We had our TA call Carnival several times and we ended up flying in the day before, put up in a hotel pre and post cruise, and flying home the day after our cruise ends.

Be persistent with your TA...

And as I do realize this....duh, I'm just hoping that it doesn't take a few days to de-stress from the experience!! ;) Thankfully our first island is HMC, and we have booked a cabana, so I hope to r-e-l-a-x! **fingers crossed!!

Is Half Moon Cay a private island where you can't fly into it (like Disney's Castaway Cay?) If so, what would be the first port that you could fly into if you miss boarding? You might be several days into your cruise!!!! Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Do you have passports just in case you need to fly to the next port? If you miss the ship and only have birth certificates, I think you may be out of luck!

Maggie

Is Half Moon Cay a private island where you can't fly into it (like Disney's Castaway Cay?) If so, what would be the first port that you could fly into if you miss boarding? You might be several days into your cruise!!!! Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Do you have passports just in case you need to fly to the next port? If you miss the ship and only have birth certificates, I think you may be out of luck!

Maggie

I don't believe you can fly to HMC. Probably doesn't have an airport?

Well, I spoke to our TA and she says we are worrying for nothing!! Hahaha! :rolleyes:

We should just "roll" with it and everything will work out!

"You won't be the ONLY ones on that shuttle bus, don't you know!!"

And as I do realize this....duh, I'm just hoping that it doesn't take a few days to de-stress from the experience!! ;) Thankfully our first island is HMC, and we have booked a cabana, so I hope to r-e-l-a-x! **fingers crossed!!

When you get back from your cruise, let us know how it went!

Oh my!!! Just got off the phone with our TA and she finally got our flight info from Carnival!

Since this is our first cruise (April 10th, Glory) we chose to have our flight booked through Carnival....just in case! Our in-laws, who we are travelling with, said it would be a good idea! Well.....

We are flying from Toronto to Ft Lauderdale, arrive just after 2:00 pm, go through customs, get our luggage then find a Carnival shuttle bus to take us to the ship in Miami!

Can somebody tell me approx. how long this drive will be?? Are we not supposed to be on the ship an hour before departure (4:00pm.)?

Here I was hoping to be on an early flight, take our time through Miami airport, buy some pop and snacks for the kids while we're on the ship! Have some lunch in the buffet etc..... Ughhh, now we will be rushed! :rolleyes: Our week better be good!! LOL!!!

I know Toronto doesn't usually get much snow but where is the aircraft coming from? If you are delayed leaving TO you will never make it.

Maggie

They are flying from Canada they have to have passports so that will not be an issue.

My first cruise in Alaska had a late departure because about 60 of us with a pre land package were about four hours late. Someone was a little to good at their job using dynamite to clear trees and caused a mudslide on the road. After sitting in the bus for three hours it was finally cleared. The nice thing was no lines. We were driven right into the cruise terminal.

We got out, walked 20 ft. and checked in.

That wasn't by any chance in June 2006 was it? Sailing out of Whittier? We were on the Spirit that cruise and supposed to leave at 5pm. I finally went to sleep about 11 knowing I'd not see the sail away. They told us that they were waiting for a large group. Can't remember the details but I assumed air had been booked thru them and they couldn't/WOULDN'T leave without them. I'm glad they waited.

Probably NOT the same cruise; but still...Carnival evidetnly does wait for those whose air they book! :o

Karen

yet another reason why i would never book my flight with the cruiseline ( besides the overprice for the tickets ) or not get too the port city the day before the cruise.

truly, im not trying too be rude but your ship leaves at 4pm and your plane arrives at 2 :eek:. wow, i hope you dont have mechanical ploblems with a plane or any kind of delays. the ship will wait on you, but talk about rushing too the ship. i hope it all works out. and once you get onboard have a wonderful time . :)

and i agree with steveNcindy--get a new ta

They are flying from Canada they have to have passports so that will not be an issue.

Thanks. I forgot they were from Canada. I just wanted them to be prepared in case they missed the flight. They would have had time to still get the passports if they didn't have them already.

Maggie

WOW! That is really poor planning on Carnival's part. If you booked that flight yourself I'm sure we all would be telling you that you are cutting it too close- BUT the bright side is they HAVE to hold the ship for you, so if a disaster happens they are liable, so you WILL be rushed, but you WILL make the ship, LOL. Good luck, and have fun- we set sail on our first cruise April 11th so we are right behind you!!:D

Well, I spoke to our TA and she says we are worrying for nothing!! Hahaha! :rolleyes:

We should just "roll" with it and everything will work out!

"You won't be the ONLY ones on that shuttle bus, don't you know!!"

she actually said that :eek:. she just sealed the deal. DUMP HER and go somewhere else too make future travel arraingments. hopefully you can get your times changed.

A Carnival rep should be waiting in the baggage area near where you will pick up your luggage. While waiting for the gorillas to offload the luggage, check in with the rep. They should be able to calm any fears.

If something goes wrong, they will hold the ship for a reasonable amount of time.

Gorillas? Really? Seems a little "insensitive" to me. :cool:

"gorillas"?

I agree Cruise Control, Sargent_Schultz, has some explaining to do. How dare he/she call a service representative a "gorilla", that is disrespectful on so many levels. People need to really think before they write. A person's occupation does not justify them being called a demeaning name. I respect EVERYONE regardless, of race, creed, occupation, financial status etc. Its so sad how often the human factor is forgotten- I am sorry, but this "gorilla" comment really pissed me off.

Sorry to hijack OP- I really do hope you have a smooth flight and enjoy your cruise, we may even bump into each other at one of the ports since they sometimes overlap and our cruises are one day apart:)

A Carnival rep should be waiting in the baggage area near where you will pick up your luggage. While waiting for the gorillas to offload the luggage, check in with the rep. They should be able to calm any fears.

If something goes wrong, they will hold the ship for a reasonable amount of time.

Gorillas???? How condescending of you. I hope they lose one of your bags

"gorillas"?

do you remember the comercial about the luggage that gets beat up, jumped on and battered by a gorilla but is supposed too '' hold up '' and not get damaged no matter what ?? dont have anything fragile in your checked bags. esecially with the op's time limit going on.

Gorillas???? How condescending of you. I hope they lose one of your bags

I think you're all a bit sensitive...that, or you don't fly much.

I replace luggage after every 4 or 5 flights. Brand new luggage comes off the belt after it's 'first voyage' looking like it's been through a war.

Gorillas works for me.

Does Carnival do this to everybody? I've read post after post about people who are booked on a flight that gets in really late. I sure hope everyone makes it. I have ben reading a lot that Carnival does not always wait, even if it is their fault.

Boy I must of really lucked out, I booked a month ago thru carnival for the Glory April 3, My flight from Pittsburgh leaves at 6:30 and gets to Miami at 9:30. Direct flight. Can't say that about coming back though, Don't get back to 11:45 PM going thru New York. Six carnival cruises all thru a PVP.

That sucks, specially when there are nonstop flights from Toronto that will get you to FLL as early as 11:29am. At least you're not connecting through some hell hub airport! :eek:

YYZ 8:25am FLL 11:29am 3h04m AirCanad938 F 320

YYZ 10:35am FLL 1:39pm 3h04m AirCanad900 F 320

YYZ 10:50am FLL 1:55pm 3h05m WestJet1232 73W

YYZ 5:30pm FLL 8:34pm 3h04m AirCanad908 F 321

YYZ 8:30pm FLL 11:35pm 3h05m WestJet1234 73W

YYZ 8:50pm FLL 11:54pm 3h04m AirCanad934 F 319

I feel your sense of nervousness. This happened to our group flying from Maine in '09. We booked our flight through Carnival...landed in FLL at 2:30 for our Freedom cruise. I was sh&!!ing it, thinking if we had a flight delay or anything, we would never make it. Thankfully all our flights were on time.

A Carnival rep was in baggage claim, told us to get our luggage and head to the shuttle that was waiting...they were waiting for others to arrive as well, and were not concerned with the time. We were assured that if we had filled out our FunPass online, then we were on the manifest and would be all set (I was still not thoroughly convinced).

The sad part about getting to the ship that late, is the photo area is all picked up, so no "official" Carnival embarkation photo. The good part is no line!!! We whisked right through and was on the ship in time to enjoy a Funship Special before sail away. The ship sailed closer to 5:00, thankfully!

I'm sure you'll be fine with your flights. We fly the day before now - never want to experience that frustration level again.

This is your first cruise.

it will be fine even if it is a little hectic.

All Cruise lines are notorious for having the worst flights/connections because they do it the cheapest way possible for them while charging the customer higher prices.

But because you are flying with them you have no worries about making the ship. So you will probably be exhausted, but you will be fine.

Thats why most of us who fly leave at least day early, we can make our own arrangements, stay in a hotel near the port and relax before the cruise.

Flying in the day of if you make your own arrangements is a definite not do for us. Now thats pressure! we nearly missed the ship years ago on our 2nd cruise doing that. We have never done it again! Have a terrific cruise!

I guess this is a BIG lesson learned!!!

We will go ahead with these stupid flights, and if we ever cruise again (time will tell) we will book our own, and likely travel a day ahead! I mean, it makes a lot of sense!

We will have to cross our fingers (and toes) and try not to stress ourselves out too much! LOL!! Ahhh, if you only knew me :D **I'm thinking that the beer and vodka that I've ordered from Bon Voyage will be needed!!!!**

I hope my kids are ok through all this craziness.......

I don't believe you can fly to HMC. Probably doesn't have an airport?

Guaranteed it does not have an airport. Last time we were there, I was talking to one of the lifeguards, and he said there were only about 20 or so people that lived there, and they were all cruiseline employees.

GP

Archived