Galveston hotel recommendations?

We are a group of 26, cruising next Feb. out of Galveston. Half of us are flying, half are driving. I am looking for a hotel that has free airport shuttle, free parking for length of cruise and free shuttle to cruise terminal. Can anyone help? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

We stayed at the Best Western a couple of weeks ago before an Ecstasy cruise, but wished we had chosen a nicer hotel. They do have free parking and a continental breakfast. No shuttle though, but taxi is only about $12.00 to the port. I don't think there are any hotels in Galveston with a free airport shuttle. We used Galveston Limosine Shuttle from Bush(IAH) to the BW for $60 return per person and it worked great. NOTE: They only do pick-ups at the airports and cruise terminals, but will do drops at certain hotels if you request in advance.

Next time, I would chose either the Holiday Inn On The Beach or the Hilton, especially if you can share 4 to a room to break up the cost. That is if staying on the beach is important. Otherwise I would try the Harbour House.

We stayed at the Comodore on the Beach very adequate and clean, reasonably priced.Its right on the sea wall. When we stayed there they had a cont breakfast and a shuttle to and from apt. several in our group left their cars there free. Its not luxury but we enjoyed it. There are several nice resturants within walking distance. Some of our friends are staying at the motel6 but i dont think they have a shuttle, ill ask and get back to you.

Holiday Inn Galveston-ON the Beach TX

'Stay before or after a cruise on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or Princess Cruise Lines, leave your car with us, we provide a shuttle to and from the cruise terminals'

the above quote is from their website, I havent stayed there but they seem to have what you're looking for, we plan to stay there when we take the Galaxy in November

We will be flying into Houston before our cruise out of Galveston. We like to fly in the day before. Is it possible to rent a car and drop it by the pier in Galeston? There will be 6 of us, and if we can rent a mini-van, it might work well. ALso, we don't really care about seeing Galveston, so would it be better to stay by the airport and drive to Galveston the next morning to board the ship?

Holiday Inn Galveston-ON the Beach TX

'Stay before or after a cruise on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or Princess Cruise Lines, leave your car with us, we provide a shuttle to and from the cruise terminals'

the above quote is from their website, I havent stayed there but they seem to have what you're looking for, we plan to stay there when we take the Galaxy in November

We sailed out of Galveston 3 times and used a different hotel each trip Super 8 was OK but not super. Best Western stuck us in a smoking room after booking a Non. Really po'd the Mrs. Our last trip, January, we found the Holiday Inn on the Beach. It was love at first website.Book one night, park your car for seven and complimentary shuttle service accompanied by a great view of the beach. Hey, I'll go back.

Rates vary with the season and you need to let them know when you arrive, that you would like to have the shuttle service and they will try to fit you into the schedule.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.:D

Clackey

First of all, where are you from EagertoCruise? I guess I am now a Texan, but I was borned and raised in Peoria.

Galveston is a very funky, different kind of resort town. Very interesting history and fun to visit. The hotels range from very bad to very good. On the very good list is Hotel Galvez, the Tremont, San Luis (?), and Harbor House. Of these, I have stayed at the Galvez. Very nice historic hotel that went through a major renovation a few years ago. I loved it. We are booked at the Harbor House in October. It is right on Pier 21, walking distance from cruise pier. It looks like a restored warehouse, but don't think it is really old. If you are on the right side of the hotel, you can see your cruise ship dock. There are several restaurants and it is in walking distance of the shopping area (called The Strand). You can leave your car during the cruise. Can't wait to go, but it is a long way off!

We sailed out of Galveston 3 times and used a different hotel each trip Super 8 was OK but not super.Clackey

How long ago were you at the Super 8, clackey? We've booked there for December, but don't know much about it. Your reply would be appreciated.

How far from the terminal?

Restaurants on site or nearby?

Shuttle service?

Thanks.

Moonstoners

We have stayed at the Commodore and the Best Western.

The commodore does offer free parking and a shuttle but don't expect them to get in a hurry. They only have 2 vans and they are usually full. The commodore is nice for a fifies/sixties era hotel. All of the room face the gulf and there is a nice swimming pool. The breakfast is typical continental.

The Best Western does offer free parking but no shuttle. They will arrange for shuttle or taxi. The rooms are clean and there is a Krogers next door for unexpected essentials. There is a nice pool that is heated.

Be sure to check out http://www.galveston.com/

Good luck,

Dave

How far from the terminal?

Restaurants on site or nearby?

Shuttle service?

Thanks.

Hi guys:

We were at Super 8 in 12/2002. The place was fairly new and the rooms were neat and clean. No gripes what-so-ever. You can see the cruise terminal from the upper floors, I would guess it is about a mile away. Most of the hotels and resturants are on the south side of the island along Seawall Blvd. Our favorite (Joe's Crab Shack) is a 1 block walk from the Hotel. Check it out, it is really a neat place. Galveston is easy to navigate in the winter, when we usually go. I don't know what it would be like in the tourist season, but we have a ball everytime we go. Shoot! I can have fun at a funeral.:D

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

P.S. No shuttle service.

Moonstoners

CINDYSUE, I live in a little bitty town of 800 near Lake Shelbyville. We're about 35 minutes south of Decatur.

Our group has decided to go with Harbor House for the uniqueness of the place. Glad we have 11 months to plan it all out, there's so much to do! And I love it!

My wife and I both work on the Island, and cruised out of there in Dec. on the Grand, and are booked to Panama out of there next Jan..

Yes on the rental, although very limited. Enterprise seems to be the best deal for drop off.

There are no free shuttles to the airports. Hobby is closest about 35 minutes, whereas Bush is in N. Houston about an hour away if you are lucky.

Galveston Limousine Service seems to be about the most reasonable.

Harbor House and the Tremont House are both a short walk to the terminal.

Along with the aforementioned Seawall Hotels are a La Quinta and a Hilton and currently being renovated is the Flagship, the only hotel in the US built out over the water. It had gotten in pretty sad shape, but has been recently purchased by the Tillman Fretitta who owns Landry's, Joe's Crab Shack and other chains.

He also has the San Luis.

I would also highly recommend the Moody Garden's Hotel, it's a resort you

need to see in Galveston.

Gaido's Restaurant is the best of the locals, at 38th and Seawall.

I hope you enjoy Galveston.

Archived