Comparing motu picnics

gerena

Our PG cruise included the Cook Islands and we did a tour with Teking at Aitutaki which included a motu picnic. There were about 18 of us in total and it was OK, nothing special. I think the ambiance in some places is what may make it special.

On the motu at Taha'a the PG team did a spectacular job. They have a floating innertube set up as a floating bar, they served drinks in cocunuts, they had a large buffet of chicken, fish, hot dogs, hamburgers, salads, etc. and then later in the afternoon they suprised us with ice cream.

I would suggest a tour to various motus but I would not focus in on the picnic as the most important aspect of the tour.

Let me just say that Patrick's picnic on Bora Bora was spectacular. Picnic tables in the water. Lobster, suckling pig, local fruit and fish. It added greatly to the excursion.

2144578800019732957iVRPKR_th.jpg

If the photo comes out too small try the link:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2144578800019732957iVRPKR

Yes indeedy, we second it!;)

• 2 weeks later...

We loved Patrick's tour. That said, bathrooms were not working and you eat with your hands. Wonderful experience but glad we brought our own handiwipes. The ships BBq is the same fabulous food plus special extras (I'll leave that as a surprise) all done in a sanitary environment.

• 2 weeks later...
Let me just say that Patrick's picnic on Bora Bora was spectacular. Picnic tables in the water. Lobster, suckling pig, local fruit and fish. It added greatly to the excursion.

2144578800019732957iVRPKR_th.jpg

If the photo comes out too small try the link:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2144578800019732957iVRPKR

We had lobster, fish and chicken, champagne and fruit....We ate under the hut.....Fantastic. Still remember it. And always will. Those rays in the water were phenominal. My husband touched my heart when he said those rays were worth every penny spent ont that trip.

Archived