NCL Epic March 5-12 Mini-Review

kim826

We had a great cruise on the Epic. The entertainment was great. Loved the ship. Smoking not an issue. Loved the cabin. Didn't have any issues with the sink. The only drawback was the noticable decline in food quality. No more shrimp cocktail, the buffet didn't change at all. We were rushed through our meal in Taste. We were served appetizers along with soup. This happened both times we ate there. We ate in Manhatten once. When I asked the waiter what she would recommend, she told me "nothing tonight". I am serious! We had a great meal in Cagneys and the place next to it that starts with "Mon". For the life of me, I can't remember the rest of the spelling. We also really enjoyed O'Sheenhans. If I was traveling on the Epic again, I would only budget for speciality dining. The dining room just isn't worth it other than for lunch and breakfast. We found the ship to be uncrowded feeling. We also found the service from the cabin stewards, front desk, bar, etc. to be excellent. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again - just wish the food was better.

I should add that we were a group of 19 in a total of 8 cabins. We also had good luck with the elevators and finding pool chairs. Sometimes not exactly where we wanted, but at least a chair.

Archived