Summit Question

golfer1966

My wife and are RCI fans, but we want to try X. We are looking at a cruise on the Summit and I had a question about the Balcony cabins. What are the Concierge Cabins ( C1, C2 C3 ) most like on RCI. Can someone tell me how to compare them and other cabins. We know the RCI categories, but are unclear what the different ones are with X. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

C2 and C3 are typical cabins and balconies, there are simply some nice amenities added, which are nice if the price difference isn't much between them and other balconied cabins. The aft C1 cabins have much larger balconies and seem highly regarded. All the concierge class cabins are maybe 20 square feet bigger, but again not a huge difference. After January there will also be aqua class cabins to consider as well, which include dining at Blu, which is generally reported to be a great experience.

We sailed on the Summit in February, and have already booked a C1 aft for next February. We've enjoyed our cruises on Royal as well, but have come to enjoy Celebrity somewhat more for it's little touches and smoking policy. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit in late November/early December 2010. My cabin was a category C3 Concierge Class stateroom (8134). This was a very nice stateroom with a great location. I really enjoyed the extra perks in Concierge Class.

I recently cruised aboard the Navigator of the Seas in a category D1 stateroom (7234). In terms of size, I think the Royal Caribbean D1 staterooms are similar to the C3 staterooms on the Summit. Of course, the Royal Caribbean stateroom did not have the extra Concierge Class benefits.

I think Celebrity is an excellent line. Last year, I did three cruises with Celebrity (in addition to the Summit, I also cruised aboard the Solstice and Century) and greatly enjoyed each of these cruises.

Chuck

The closest thing to a D-1 on RCI is the Concierge Class cabins on Celebrity. We have sailed on both lines and a vast variety of the fleets. Now....it will also depend on which ship you are looking at. For example, there are a few CC cabins on the Millie class fleet that are a little larger or have larger balconies, or both.

There are a few additional amenities available in the CC cabins that are not available in the D-1's.

Personally if comparing the D-1's on the Radiance class fleet to the CC cabins on the Millie class I prefer the layout of the D'1's better. This is purely my choice. Both cabins have ample storage and smallish baths.

I hope this has helped.

C2 and C3 are typical cabins and balconies, there are simply some nice amenities added, which are nice if the price difference isn't much between them and other balconied cabins. The aft C1 cabins have much larger balconies and seem highly regarded. All the concierge class cabins are maybe 20 square feet bigger, but again not a huge difference. After January there will also be aqua class cabins to consider as well, which include dining at Blu, which is generally reported to be a great experience.

We sailed on the Summit in February, and have already booked a C1 aft for next February. We've enjoyed our cruises on Royal as well, but have come to enjoy Celebrity somewhat more for it's little touches and smoking policy. Hope this helps.

On the Connie they did not add Blu is this some thing differant on the Summit.

Archived