Movies on board

Expect to see the things that're in the "new releases" at Blockbuster. We recently made a new pre-cruise rule: No renting movies for 1-2 months prior to the cruise. That way whatever's showing, we won't have seen it.

I don't remember any children's movies.

Expect movies to be shown pretty much all day, every day. After all, it's a low-cost activity. No staff member "mans" the screening room regularly. They just start the movies and leave.

They'll have 8-10 movies for the week, and they'll rotate them. So if you want to see _____, but you don't want to go at midnight . . . wait a day or two, and it'll be the 10:00 am movie. The same movies are shown on your in-room TV (not always in English), but that's not quite the same.

We enjoyed the small screening room, and we were rarely joined by more than a dozen or so people.

The screening room isn't all that easy to find. Use the ship maps.

We've always fussed about not having popcorn, and we've said we'll bring popcorn along with us next time . . . but we've never done it.

Disney sets the industry standard for movies, and we really enjoyed their theater. My best cruise-movie memory: Seeing the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie the day it opened. Seeing that movie while feeling the movement of the ship was just too cool.

Disney sets the industry standard for movies, and we really enjoyed their theater. My best cruise-movie memory: Seeing the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie the day it opened. Seeing that movie while feeling the movement of the ship was just too cool.

DITTO! That was my favorite part of sailing Disney!

The first time we sailed Disney DS was 3. Hubby and I hadn't gone to the movies in what seemed like DECADES! Being able to see a newly released movie was such a nice treat! We went to the theater like 4 times that week--LOL!

Liberty also added 3D in the main theatre for Dreamworks

They added the outdoor pool screen for movies under the stars

And they'll have the screening room and your TV as well.

I had hoped the King's Speech would be out for our cruise in 2 weeks but it isn't going to be released till 4/19 in the US so i doubt they'll have it.

DITTO! That was my favorite part of sailing Disney!

The first time we sailed Disney DS was 3. Hubby and I hadn't gone to the movies in what seemed like DECADES! Being able to see a newly released movie was such a nice treat! We went to the theater like 4 times that week--LOL!

Unfortunately, I think that they only show Disney movies or predominantly Disney productions, which eliminates many very good movies or released by other companies. Radiance class ships have a dedicated Cinema with stadium seating and showings are scheduled throughout the day and into the evening.

Archived