RCCL cancels Egypt through November 2011

Gordo

Royal Caribbean announced today that they have canceled Egypt through November 2011 (extended from June 2011).

Egypt - Itinerary Changes

March 18, 2011

Royal Caribbean International continues to monitor the situation in Egypt. Due to the uncertainty in Egypt, and in an abundance of caution, we have decided to cancel additional port calls to Egypt through November.

On our Sept 8th Mariner of the Seas itinerary, RCI has replaced their stop in Alexandria, Egypt with an overnight in Istanbul, Turkey.

Royal Caribbean announced today that they have canceled Egypt through November 2011 (extended from June 2011).

Egypt - Itinerary Changes

March 18, 2011

Royal Caribbean International continues to monitor the situation in Egypt. Due to the uncertainty in Egypt, and in an abundance of caution, we have decided to cancel additional port calls to Egypt through November.

On our Sept 8th Mariner of the Seas itinerary, RCI has replaced their stop in Alexandria, Egypt with an overnight in Istanbul, Turkey.

Hi Gordo, I was planning to cruise to Egypt with RCI on June 4, so I know exactly how you feel.

You may have seen my posted response to Therev about an alternate plan that I suggested to him that concerns your RCCL cruise on Sept 8, but in case you didn't, you should take a look. The plan makes it possible to cruise virtually the same itinerary and STILL get to Egypt.

You can find the post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1360861&page=3

Hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your plans.

Thanks for the update and the information. We are anxious to see the 2012 cruise schedule as we may just push this trip off to next year to have a better chance of getting the experience we wanted.

Archived