The Whale Tail

SailBabySail

I have a big piggy bank that I normally throw my change into but a few months ago I decided to use the whale tail bank that we had drinks in and see how much it would hold. I don't get much change lately so it has taken a long time but I just filled it and deposited $86 in my savings. This will go towards my spending money next cruise. Have any of you ever used the whale tail to save change? It was fun to see how much it would hold.

I have a big piggy bank that I normally throw my change into but a few months ago I decided to use the whale tail bank that we had drinks in and see how much it would hold. I don't get much change lately so it has taken a long time but I just filled it and deposited $86 in my savings. This will go towards my spending money next cruise. Have any of you ever used the whale tail to save change? It was fun to see how much it would hold.

My granddaughter uses the one she got on her 10th birthday cruise, but she keeps making "withdrawals," ( ;) ) so I don't think she's filled it yet...

We use a 5 gallon water bottle. Turn it on its side and used cork for the feet and plastic do dads for ears and a face. It looks like a big pig. Lately recently he died from starvation!:rolleyes:

Too cute! Poor piggy. Need to start with one of the smaller ones next time, they don't eat as much:D

We use a coffee can....last time we emptied it, it had almost $300 in it!

I'm not cashing it out again till October when I take my next girls cruse!:D

Lol, you must use the big can! My little can gives me just over 100, and thats with the 20 incentive folded up at the bottom.

On my cruise 3 years ago, we got a monkey head drink. It has a piggy bank hole in its head. Brought it home and use it as the "DOD" fund. We dump it in a can and take it to the bank when it gets full (lowest was $68, highest was $92). In those 3 years, we have racked up $769. Would have more than that, but we rob quarters from time to time for carwashes.

Saving by us Canadians is easier as we get more "change". We have $1.00 coins (the loonie) and $2.00 coins (the toonie) + the usual pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters.

Largest I've had in a Whale Tale bank is $173. - no incentive was buried, it was all change ! :D

We don't save the toonie's and loonie's, only the "small change" we have a bottle that we have been working on fililng up over the last year or so, I thought it was getting full, because it was getting pretty heavy, and the coins sounded like they weren't falling very far.

Much to my chagrin, it is not as full as I thought. The bottle is about 3 feet tall, and when I "peeked" in, the coins only go about 8 inches!! I wonder how much will be in there, when we empty it!!!

I had a huge pickle jar that I painted white and decorated with stickers :) I painted the lid an aqua blue, cut a hole in it and super glued it on. I'm not usually very creative, but I got a wild hair one day and decided to make it hehe

Saving by us Canadians is easier as we get more "change". We have $1.00 coins (the loonie) and $2.00 coins (the toonie) + the usual pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters.

Largest I've had in a Whale Tale bank is $173. - no incentive was buried, it was all change ! :D

$173 is impressive. I put all my pennies in a separate jar. Only silver coins in the Whale Tail which like I said came to $86. I am now back to my regular piggy. Doing the whale tail was fun though.

Gonna start this today. I have a whale tail just sitting unused about 10 feet away from me now. About to book a cruise for the kids almost exactly 1 year from now. I can get that filled a few times in a year. We'll see how much that ends up being.

Archived