Carnival Fantasy review 3-12-2011 to 3-18-2011

ssatterly

Thanks for the wonderful reviews! We are getting excited about our FIRST cruise on the Fantasy. I never even thought about jewelry or raffles . . . wow! Any specific sight-seeing tips (did you walk around Atlantis) or shopping tips? We'll drive to Charleston . . . probably the morning of departure. What time would you advise boarding? I'm glad you mentioned the water was still cold . . . guess I was dreaming about "summer" weather a little early. We're a little nervous about leaving our children. Did you use the ship's internet (I understand .75 per minute) or is posting on this board free on the ship? I'll have to look through your photos when I get more time. I'm glad it sounds like the cruise successfully relieved your stress . . . one big reason we're finally taking a cruise! :)

You will love this ship. She is pretty and all the staff is greT. We loved Squishy, he is the Assistant Cruise dirctor. The raffles were neat be sure to go to the shopping talk on board to find out when and where they are held. We only stayed in the prt area in Nassua as we were just doing shopping, but next time we are going to see more of the Island itself. Do not get to the Port before 11:00 thats when they will let you start and if you get there early you have to stay in your car to everyone is off the ship. The water was still very cold but it was so pretty.We did use the internet just for a few min. It was a$3.95 set up fee and $.75 a min. We were on 7 min and it cost $9.70 for what we needed. They do have packages to make it cheeper as well. No you can not post on this site for free.

We are so without stress right now and its great. Have a blast!

We went on the same cruise on New Years Day and had a blast. I loved the Fantasy and loved leaving out of Charleston. Thanks for your review. It brought back fond memories. I wish I was as lucky as you are! Never won a raffle or the lottery. LOL:o

Very nice report on your voyage on the Fantasy.....................we will be on her over Labor Day..........Charleston sure is nice being so close to us.....besides it's a great town, too..........Have you ever done the "Walkin Tour" around Charleston? Highly recommend it

This is a fantastic review! Carnival should consult you for some of their future brochures! I have not finished looking at all of your pictures, but the ones I've seen are making me really look forward to our first cruise! I've been so nervous about getting motion sickness and leaving my kids behind, but I'm thinking if I get more excited and less worried, it will eliminate that "state of mind." Your photos will help with that!

I'm hoping it will warm up even more in the next couple of weeks, but I found your reviews to be full of wonderful information to help me prepare. You definitely need to transfer all of it into a journal for future memories . . . great writing!:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks SO much for writing this review. Ive seen many mixed reviews about this ship. We just went out of Miami on the Glory (Honeymoon)

We live in Wilm NC and are going to go on the Fantasy in Sept. We will have an 11 and 13 year old with us (their first Cruise) So we wanted something easy to get to, and fun for all. Looks like this ship has more outside fun for the kids as well. Cant wait...we are counting it down!

Karen and David

Someone after my own heart, You took pictures of every single thing possable, so I felt like I was there with you,...Thanks thats the way travel photos should be done!

Archived