What has made you decide.....

Bridge Maven

We sailed Celebrity for the first time in January of this year. It is now our first choice and favorite line because of their 21st Century Smoking Policy. We had already booked a HAL cruise for January of 2012 due to itinerary before we took this year's cruise.

Based on posts I have read, Celebrity appears to be the favorite cruise line of the majority of people who post in the Celebrity section of cruise critic. What has made you decide to book a cruise on another cruise line when Celebrity is your favorite?

First I have to laugh at those who say their decision is based solely on the cruise line's smoking policy. Gimme a break. If you didn't like other positives about cruising Celebrity you'd bail on them in an instant for another cruise line with lesser smoking rules.

I understand smoking being a factor, but it's almost like saying food isn't important, service isn't critical, price isn't a factor, port of departure isn't as important, ship features aren't important.

Reminds me of people who vote for President of our Country solely based on his view of 1 single issue instead of asking if he can take care of business.

I hate cigarette smoke, but I've always been able to have the best time on all 6 cruise lines I've sailed.

Ship ratings, price, ports of call...those are true decision makers.:rolleyes:

I'm sure this will fire up a few of you. So tell us your cruise horror stories, tell us about your favorite aunt who suffered from emphysema. Tell us all they things you hate about some cruisers.

The worst cruise I ever had was FABULOUS!! It's all about the ATTITUDE:cool:

NCL has cruises from NYC to the Caribbean during the winter months. We were delighted when Celebrity announced a similar itinerary on Silhouette and have booked it for January 2012, but will go back to NCL for that itinerary since Celebrity will not be doing it the following year.

Looking to do the same, but saddened that X will abandon NYC in winter again after Silhouette's maiden season. That leaves those of us locally with only two no-fly Caribbean options - Gem and EOS.

BTW, anyone know why X is giving us only one season before moving all winter sailings to southern home ports? :(

A propos booking other lines, NYC-Bermuda is better with HAL because Veendam is small enough to dock right in town at St George's and Hamilton, rather than getting stuck out at King's Wharf.

When we cruise with our kids and grandkids, we choose another line. More fun for all of us.

rotaryscotty,

The smoking policy was the main reason we chose Celebrity as our favorite. Of course there are other reasons, but we would choose others more often if they changed their smoking policies.

Cynthia

Archived