Hilton Marina

Freddie222

If you're referring to the location in FLL, I would suggest checking out the Hyatt Pier 66 across from the Hilton. A much better hotel IMHO. I don't like the Hilton. The rooms are small and the bathroom set up leaves a lot to be desired. The doors leading into the bathroom from the room are sliders that do not close properly and leave little privacy. Also I find that the Hilton is usually more expensive than the Hyatt.

We stayed at the Hilton Marina in December before our Oasis cruise.

Pros: Lobby was totally awesome. Big lounge type couches...a gorgeous long rectangle firepit outside to sit by. An outside bar that was quite nice. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was made very different (stand up shower only, no curtain nor doors which myself, my hubby and my 15 year old son thought was totally cool. Rainshower head where water came out of ceiling for shower...very nice. Pool area was great but we didn't have time to use it unfortunately. Great area to walk along the marina. Lots of very very expensive yachts parked right along side to peer at while you were strolling. At last, the view of the ship. You couldn't see it from our room (we were on the 8th floor) due to another ship right in our line of sight. We walked down along the dock and could see it the next morning.

Cons: rooms were very small (there were 3 of us and there was no extra space). Balcony was very small outside. They had a wine bar but the choices were poor and we are wine snobs. The had happy hour in the evening, we ordered 2 rum and cokes that were $7 each in a small plastic cup. :eek: It was SO not worth $7. My son got a virgin drink and his was just as much (and this was their happy hour???). We got breakfast vouchers with our room (2 only?). The breakfast was a sandwich and a drink. The 3rd person we had to pay for and it was $10. The sandwich was a pre-made Egg Mcmuffin type thing and it was NOT worth $10 and breakfast was a total joke.

Overall, I think we paid $210 for our room before taxes, and our 2 breakfast vouchers. Was it a good buy? NOPE... Would we stay there again? Not at that price. Once was enough for us.

I did post some photos on the "Florida Departures" board a few weeks back. The view was one of the best features but that's only if you pay for the correct view (we paid for the view).

I hope this helps...

Esmerelda :D

Has anyone stayed here pre-cruise..can you tell me the pros and cons of the hotel.....:D

Yep--spent a week there on business in January.

Pros:

Really really close to the water. Ask for a room that faces the intracoastal and you'll see yachts, boats, ships of all sizes.

Neat little restaurants are just down the block from the hotel that are excellent and reasonably priced--had a great italian dinner at a little cafe there.

Hotel rooms are modern and renovated. Lobby is swanky.

The sushi restaurant at the hotel has a fantastic happy hour that includes 1/2 price drinks and rolls/sashimi

Water taxi stops right at the hotel so you can go to Las Olas and enjoy the dining/shopping there.

Cons:

It's a full Hilton so you'll be charged for everything--internet, coffee, breakfast etc...Drinks are pricey!

There is no hotel shuttle to the airport or port--gotta cab it. But, it's a cheap cab ride to both.

The hotel is not new--it's been renovated but it is older. Outside and general style/appearance is older

Gym is crowded and small--although reasonably equipped.

Overall we'd stay there again next time we are in FLL. We liked it.

RC put us up in the Hilton last December. We were put in the low rise building which was okay, since it was on royal. If i was paying for it, forget it. Old, noisey, and not very clean rooms. Location very good though. Walking distance to food and stores.

We stayed at the Hilton Marina prior to our Maasdam cruise in December 2009. It was OK.

The decor was nice but that was about it. It was clear the room had recently been redecorated. The headboard didn't line up with the bed. There was nowhere to hang anything in the bathroom an very little counter space.

Our room overlooked the 17th street bridge and the Princess cruise terminal. I found it was a long walk to restaurants.

There was a terrible rain storm one night and the lobby was quite wet, they had to put bucks around the front desk because the ceiling was leaking. The front door was jammed open and the wind was blowing the rain into the lobby so there was towels all over the floor. Our room key stopped working so we had to walk back to the front desk. We got soaked walking back, so we had asked the front desk for an umbrella and they pointed us towards the small gift shop and told us we could buy one. We asked about a towel and they said they were short of them and pointed to the lobby floor.

Overall the hotel was OK but not really up to a true Hilton standard.

I just booked a 3 night post cruise stay here. Got a really good deal at 108 a night so I can't really complain too much.

I've been doing a lot of research on this hotel before booking and my general impression is that there are pros and cons ... And it can be a hit or miss experience.

Personally I booked it because it

A. Has a free shuttle to beach

B. Is close to water taxi

C. Was the bet deal on a four star I could find

D. Is close to port

E. Has a very nice pool area

The trip advisor reviews are making me nervous but I think it will be ok

We stayed there last March. Had a room that looked directly over a 100 ft. yacht.. My husband was in lust. The hotel? Well, it's a Hilton. That said, our room was clean and roomy with a small balcony-ette. The bed was comfortable and linens were very nice. The bathroom clean and efficient, not luxurious but plenty of towels and water pressure. We enjoyed the convenient parking facilities and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would certainly stay there again. I recall booking it through Priceline for $119/King

We stayed at Hilton Marina for one night pre-cruise on March 17th. I was hoping for Hyatt Place North on Priceline,but got this instead. Room was comfortable, but small as other posters mentioned. We arrived after 8:00 pm so we ate at the hotel pool bar, which I do not recommend. $75 for two burgers and three drinks (and those burgers were mediocre with a small bag of chips on the side). Had to cab it to the shopping center to purchase wine and sodas for the cruise, since it was a bit too far. Wish we had time the night before -- we would have seen much better restaurants for dinner in that area. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

We have been there several times and love it! Book Tower Intercoastal water view, request view of Port Everglades high up.(10 or 11th floor). Can't say enough about the gorgeous pool area, marina and stunning views. Is it cheap-no. But, it was exactly what we wanted and we do enjoy it.

Archived