Airport/port security likely to be increased due to NATO action in Libya

Goldryder

NATO coalition forces are now attacking Libya from the air & sea. Something that has been in the planning stages for a few days or weeks (since they seem to have zeroed in on specific areas very quickly & efficiently).

The French are very involved in the coalition this time around, as are Italy, US & UK....which inevitably means that airport security will be raised across Europe since the underbelly of Libya is not averse to causing problems on airliners.

So, I guess, anyone like me who are going to be flying with Air France via Paris in the next week or so will have to live with extra security measures for a while. I don't mind it, but it could have a bearing if you have a short connection time.

Cruisers leaving or arriving at European ports (especially Med) will also experience higher than usual security checks too.

I would anticipate notification across all cruise lines about calls into Libya in the next week or two.

This situation has been boiling for some time, hopefully it will be over quickly & efficiently without too much loss of life on either side....and that the reason for the action can be removed equally quickly & efficiently.

I work for an airline that flies ex-Heathrow and we have had no warnings or indications that security will be increased.

We get advisories when security changes as we need to advise passengers of increased check-in times.

Archived