ironing facilities on Rhapsody of the seas

just a quick question in regards ironing on Rhapsody, i believe there is no laundry onboard! does anyone know if there are any ironing facilities or am i to wear wrinkled clothes each night:confused: im ex military and like my clothing to be ironed!! find it hard to believe that there is no way of ironing clothing! and yet to be on a ship that doesnt accomodate....

cheers:D:D

I think you are going to have to be a clever packer...anything that creases put into a suit carrier and take it onboard with you not in your case. Anything in your case is going to be tipped every which way.

There is a product called wrinkle release which you can get in supermarkets you spray it on and smooth the fabric. Other than that hang clothes in the steam in the bathroom.

Permanent press and golf shirts for me are OK for both day and night..ladies 3/4 pants and mix and match tops all day. I am ex military too and can't stand wrinkles....but too lousy to pay the exhorbitant rates for laundry onboard..thats one reason I like Princess..has good laundries.

I did find an RCI laundry list and I think for pressing a shirt they were asking US$1.75. I usually iron my clothes before packing but for our Radiance of the Seas cruise I'm not ironing anything and I'm going to send my shirts out to be pressed on the first day.

Just have to add it to my cruise budget.

cheers

Stu

We chose clothes with mostly non iron fabrics or those that held the original ironing well (denim, canvas?heavy cotton pants/shorts etc), hung them up as soon as possible, used iron free spray if needed and asked our cabin steward to arrange pressing of some evening clothes on first day (for which we were never charged - but we tipped and were happy do so for great service - which we always had on Rhapsody). Was told if you roll instead of fold you have less creasing - never tried it yet!

yes i think that may be the way to go! thanks ;)

To make matters worse, even when they have cheap laundry bag days things barely come back folded let alone ironed. Fortunately to get them pressed isnt too much, maybe dont pack alot :)

To make matters worse, even when they have cheap laundry bag days things barely come back folded let alone ironed. Fortunately to get them pressed isnt too much, maybe dont pack alot :)

The cheap laundry bag days are just for wash,fold ..... only for t/shirts, shorts, undies,socks, pyjamas ....... everytime we have used this service all our t/shirts and shorts have come back neatly folded, admit undies & socks aren't folded ..... who cares your on holidays.

If you roll your clothes it's suprising what you can get in those bags. :D

They wash the clothes in very hot water - I know as they shrunk sow of my clothes....

Agree with this statement, be careful what you send for washing/drying ...... other option is to have it dry cleaned ..... their dry cleaning prices are quite reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

It is amazing what you can fit in those little paper sacks if you roll everything up tightly in little balls! We also had some things shrink, as I believe clothes are sorted into whites or colours and then everyone's items are tossed in together in hot water. We found our cabin number written on the tags of some of our things, so I guess that is how they sort them out.

laundry and ironing costs are very reasonable, and who wants to iron on holidays anyway!;)

• 2 months later...
It is amazing what you can fit in those little paper sacks if you roll everything up tightly in little balls! We also had some things shrink, as I believe clothes are sorted into whites or colours and then everyone's items are tossed in together in hot water. We found our cabin number written on the tags of some of our things, so I guess that is how they sort them out.

laundry and ironing costs are very reasonable, and who wants to iron on holidays anyway!;)

I see you are doing another Galapagos cruise ..u must have loved the first one!!! We just did Celebrity Infinity 28n around Sth America ..would have loved to do the Galapagos. It's a long way to go back for just that area ..r u doing the Amazon whilst over there?

Cheers,

Andrea

Hi Andrea - we adored the first Galapagos cruise!! Due to new laws, Celebrity have two new itineraries instead of just the one they did week after week, so it will be a different cruise than last time. We want to see the Waved Albatross, so chose itinerary A.

We won't be doing the Amazon this time, that will be for next time! Yes, we are planning on going back again to do the itinerary B and Amazon at the same time. But probably not until 2014.

When I travelled in Mexico on a cruise we took a little travel iron it was great I'm sure you can still get them?

You can probably count yourself lucky there is no Laundry, it is a place of great evil and only bad will come from putting ones self in its relm. No one who goes there ever comes back the same and some do not come back at all :eek:...don't say I didn't warn you. :D

When I travelled in Mexico on a cruise we took a little travel iron it was great I'm sure you can still get them?

You can probably count yourself lucky there is no Laundry, it is a place of great evil and only bad will come from putting ones self in its relm. No one who goes there ever comes back the same and some do not come back at all :eek:...don't say I didn't warn you. :D

Sorry to say that irons, even small travel irons are not allowed on cruise ships now. This is one rule they are very strict on.

They screen the luggage and it will be taken from you, this happened to friends who didn't know they weren't allowed.

Much easier to send your clothes out to be pressed, the costs are reasonable.

Archived