Tea question

I'm taking the Mariner this month and was wondering if anyone knows what brand of tea they have on board. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid and I did search before posting but didn't find anything. I love my hot tea in the morning and after dinner, but I would like it to be similar to Lipton/Tetley. Any other tea drinkers out there? Also, is hot tea/coffee free? Thanks in advance.

Good question on the type of tea. While I'm a coffee drinker (which I have heard is adequate)..DW wont touch the stuff and is more partial to tea..but only Orange Peko. Would anybody know if they have this onboard (she doesnt like Earl Grey or English Breakfast) or should she bring her own tea bags..in which case is just plain old hot water available?

On the Jewel last month, they had Lipton products. They had standard Lipton (Orange Pekoe and Cut Black Tea), decaf Lipton, and then a line of newer Lipton teas including flavored teas and one English Breakfast tea. Since I don't do herbal or fruit teas (or tea blends), the EB was the one I drank.

Mikeerin, If you're from Canada, and I think you are, the tea that is available in the US tastes nothing like the Tetley and Red Rose Orange Pekoe we are used to up here. My mom just had me mail her a box of Red Rose in Florida cause she is there for a month and cannot find a good tea. Don't know exactly what is on a cruise ship, but if it comes from the States it will not be the same.

Thats funny that you would pick up that I am from Canada because of Orange Pekoe! My parents are in Florida for 2 months and DW and I flew down to visit them for 3 days and my mom had bought a box of Red Rose and it was pretty similar...however while stuck in an airport (it took us 13 hours to get back yesterday!) I had asked a place if they had Orange Pekoe and the gentleman said 'No, we only have Raspberry for flavoured teas"!!!!! Maybe I'm the only one that finds that amusing...

They had a delicious green tea on tha Mariner last year -- I don't drink coffee, but have tea with my dessert each evening! If I remember correctly, they had a wooden box full of choices and flavors and after the first night they simply brought me my tea -- although I'm sure I could've chnged if I wanted to.

I'm always willing to try new teas etc... but when I was charged $3 for a cup of tepid water, and then 10mins later they offered me a Lipton Tea bag - I swore off tea in the US. I just have my own at home! It is just so half hearted here - we Brits have such enthusiam for tea. Nothing more comforting in Britain than a cuppa tea!!!

- I'll keep an eye out for the green tea though,.....

I had tea several times on the Mariner during our 2/20 cruise. It was definitely Lipton brand, but there were probably 7 or 8 varieties (including herbal teas). The hot water is free and plentiful, as are sugar, sweet 'n low, cream, etc. I lived in Britain for 2 years and was spoiled by the English teas as well, but honestly thought the English Breakfast and Earl Gray on the ship were fine. Enjoy your trip...wish I was going with you!!

I'm always willing to try new teas etc... but when I was charged $3 for a cup of tepid water, and then 10mins later they offered me a Lipton Tea bag - I swore off tea in the US. I just have my own at home! It is just so half hearted here - we Brits have such enthusiam for tea. Nothing more comforting in Britain than a cuppa tea!!!

- I'll keep an eye out for the green tea though,.....

Hey on the ship, the tea is free (or at least included in the cost of cruising). It's a cheap way to try of the Lipton EB and find out if you feel it is palatable.

On the splendour of the seas there was a good selection of teas, all free, of course. I had Lipton green tea with passionfruit, since I did not like the coffee that was served. I grew quite fond of this tea.

Emily of Samemily

Archived