new to princess questions

scumbers

hi

we are travelling on ruby princess

we have a fly cruise package and are staying in miami the night before the cruise and have transfers to the pier the following morning.

what happens to our luggage- does it get picked up at the hotel ?

also what time will they become available in the rooms as on royal caribbean our luggage didnt arrive until 930pm so we missed the first dinner.

cheers

We haven't used a Princess transfer in quite a while but I imagine the process hasn't changed too much. You should be given information about the time that you need to be ready for your connection. You will either take the bags to the bus yourself or they will be collected and loaded by the hotel staff. I prefer the first method because I know positively that they have been loaded.

At the pier you will most likely be required to retrieve your bags from the bus and turn them over to the shoreside baggage handlers. Again, personal supervision is necessary to make sure that your bags are delivered to the handlers correctly, with tags intact, etc. Don't leave anything to chance or assume that they will be properly handled in your absence.

Just off Emerald and our bags came really quickly! They were all there way before dinner. You can wear the clothes you wear onto the ship at embarkation into the dining room on the first night. The rules are pretty relaxed, assuming not everyone has their luggage yet.

Archived