Won't return to Belize

rosenc1c

We just returned from Carnival Triumph. We were scheduled to do the Bannister Island excursion through Coral Breeze. It took us 2 hrs to get from ship to shore, so we missed our excursion. We shopped in the tourism village and then returned to ship.

Coral Breeze was great, they understood and refunded our deposit promptly. We would definitely use them again.

I'm sure the people in Belize are wonderful, but I don't care to go back to any Cruise that stops in Belize City. It reminds me of Jamaica, and I don't like going places where you are bombarded by pushy vendors. In addition, Carnival so poorly manages the whole tendering process that I feel like they are basically trying to force passengers to use their excursion. Our group of 18 is very unhappy with Carnival after this experience.

Sorry you had a bad tendering experience that led to missing your BI excursion. Tendering is tricky, especially for large groups like yours on private excursions. General rule of thumb is to get to the tender meet-up area on the ship--usually announced in the ship newsletter the day or night before--earlier than the time they list. Any ship will send their excursions out first, but if you're there early enough you'll get on a tender. Maybe not the first, but probably one of the first 3.

Glad CB refunded your deposit.

I was also on the Carnival Triumph last week. I totally agree with you on returning to Belize. We had ticket number 1, so we were on the first tender boat, and still had problems. I'll be doing a review of that company, www.cavetubing.bz. DO NOT go with this company, as we almost missed the ship. This shouldn't happen considering the company said at the most 5 hours for the trip and it took us 7 hours!

Archived