700 am ship arrival 830 flight at fort lauderdale too close of time

surf324mi

It can be done because I've done it. We did self disembark, first off the ship, first in the taxi, no lines at that hour at the airport and sitting at the gate before 8 am. BUT, if you are the nervous type and live in an area with limited flight options I would not recommend it. I would try for a flight at 9:30, perfect if you can get it. I think the trick to avoiding long lines at FLL airport is to get the earliest flight possible and be out of there while everyone else is still at the port looking for their luggage and lining up for taxi's. It is a very short drive from port to airport. But that's just me. BTW, someone posted that Princess will not let anyone disembark if they are still paging names of 'deadbeat' passengers. I DO NOT believe this is true. They check everyone on the way out and know exactly who has left the ship.

It's not passengers who have onboard account payment problems, although there are some of those on every cruise, but those who have not completed their disembarkation forms. All passengers must be cleared before anyone is allowed to disembark and some people, whether it's a language problem or mis-understanding, don't turn in their disembarkation forms. This is what holds everyone up.

I would never consider 9:30 am a "perfect" flight time. Your odds of making the flight are increased but in no way is a 9:30am flight a guarantee. At best, it's a 50/50 chance. Far too many things out of your control can delay the ship from arriving, delay disembarkation, delay flight check-in, long security lines, etc.

You always hear names being called to go to the Purser's desk on disembarkment day. These passengers have to clear their accounts before they start to let passengers off. All you need is some of these passengers holding up the disembarkment.

I haven't heard this disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale in a few years.

Now they just flag the apass system to bong when you punch out,

if there is a problem with your account.

booked for 545 pm may rent car for day to go around maybe do beach

If you're a roller coaster fan - and from your original post, it sounds like you may enjoy thrills - there's a really good wooden coaster in Dania Beach, very near the airport.

Archived