Bermuda restaurants?

VaBeachCruiser

We ate/drank in Hamilto at a couple of places one was the Pickled Onion - great local after work watering hole. The other was a pub, a couple doors down on the 2nd floor. Very rustic with a nice balcony where we could overlook the harbor. That was a fun spot. At that time they had a bunch of pics of a group of soap stars up on the wall just kicking back. We also really like the White Stallion (?) it was right on the wharf in St. Georges where the ship docked. Very beach club ish. Bartender was a local who gave us some great info. We got some great microbrews and conch chowder.

We bought a bus pass and were glad we did. Cheap, safe, convenient transportation. Met some really nice locals and got a real flavor for the island.

Hi

I was in Bermuda twice and DH/I loved it there. We found a pub in Hamilton and really enjoyed it. The place is called "Flanagan's". This is the place that SoxFan05 mentioned. You can sit outside and get a great view of the harbor if no ships are in. If ships are in, you can enjoy the hussle and bussle on Main Street. Seeing the scooters go by was a trip but the horse/buggies were really nice as well! If you like Guinness then go to this place. Much different then what is served in the states. There's another stout similiar to Guinness but lighter called Kilkenny (sp?). Food is good, casual atmosphere and just a fun place to hang out. We went there twice and loved it.

Definitely take the ferry or bus. It's inexpensive and a great way to see Bermuda. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Bermuda has so many places to eat I don't know where to start....stay out of the hotels....way too much money.

Henry the VIII has a set price menu.......all the courses for one price, they have a piano player to entertain you between courses.

Swizzle Inn....over near Grotto Bay.....go to Grotto Bay and swim in the caves and then walk up to the Swizzle Inn for lunch....my recommendation is the Bailey's Bay Fish Sandwich....then walk over to the perfume factory and the crystal caves....all these attractions are in the same general area.

Afternoon tea at the Stonington Hotel is well worth it....Stonington is the Hospitality college on the island and all the students work in the hotel.

Tio Pepe's is on the South Shore accross the street from Horshoe Bay...great pizza, and pasta dishes....they don;t have Ziti Broccolli and garlic on the menu but the chef will make it for you if you ask.

For nightlife go to the Robin Hood....it's an English style pub up behind the city of Hamilton...take a horse and buggy ride from Front Street and ask them to take you there.

The "Touch Club" in the Southhampton Princess is a great disco....say hi to Dennis the discjockey for me......

There are so many small great places to eat.........explore and have a ball !!!

I Love Bermuda............:cool: :cool: :cool:

Donna in MA

• 2 weeks later...

Try not to drink the tap water in Bermuda. They collect it from runoff of their roofs into holding tanks. At least this is what private homes do. It's somehow "treated" to make it potable. Blech. Not sure about restaurants. I asked where the water on board the ship came from. I was told they had holding tanks that were filled before we left the port (of Philadelphia). This was on the Celebrity Horizon last summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Food in Bermuda is expensive. Booze added to food is EXPENSIVE. While on business there we are on $60 per day food allowance. That barely makes it .. if the hotel does not have free breakfast! Had two glasses of house wine, salad, pasta and coffee and the bill was over $60 for one person.

NOTE in Bermuda gratiuty is included in the tab! Only tourists add onto that amount! Or for fabulous service.

Several suggestions on dining while in Hamilton.

Waterloo House has a fabulous restaurant and is walking distance from the downtown dock. Reservations required and Jackets are normally needed at dinner. http://www.waterloohouse.com/dining.htm

L' Oriental http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/D47904.html is great. Sushi is fabulous as is the Tempura. Again, walking distance or short cab.

Barracuda (near Hog and Penny) is also very good and has a fine wine list. http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/D52907.html

Harbour Front is also very nice .. and a bit more formal .. and overlooks the harbour! Highly recommended. http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/D52907.html

During season, when two ships are in port on a Wednesday night they close off Front Street and it is very festive. Also that night it is difficult to get into restaurants as the ship people are in port! Reserve ahead.

During other nights (Friday especially) Hamilton feels like a little-London with noisy crowds of locals in the various pubs and wine bars. VERY British feel (the Robin Hood especially).

For ships docked at Dockyards, there is a water ferry into downtown Hamilton that is very quick and convenient. At Dockyards there are a few spots tho Beethovens is probably the nicest.

For an wonderful relaxed dinner, the Hamilton Princess (Fairmont hotel) has a great dining room (and afternoon tea) plus nice bar-food.

Archived