Checking For Price Drops

GTO-Girl

This is probably a dumb question, but when checking for price drops do I only need to go by the beginning base rate (ES, PG, 72-hr Sale, etc) or do I need to go all the way through a pretend booking adding the price for upgrades such as midship, balcony, etc and go by the final price?

Thanks.....

This is probably a dumb question, but when checking for price drops do I only need to go by the beginning base rate (ES, PG, 72-hr Sale, etc) or do I need to go all the way through a pretend booking adding the price for upgrades such as midship, balcony, etc and go by the final price?

Thanks.....

You have to price-match for the exact same cabin category (location) and the sum of the PAX 1 & 2 plus the PAX 3 & 4 fares in the cabin (sometimes the PAX 1 & 2 fare goes down, but the PAX 3 & 4 fare goes up). The price-match is for cruisefare only (not including Govt Fees & Taxes). ken

Just so I'm clear that would mean I do need to put all specifics in for my booking (balcony/midship/Panorama Deck) and see what the "final" total is and compare that.....right?

Thanks for your help Ken!!!

Instead of doing a pretend booking, it might be easier to use this link:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Put in your information (date, cabin type, number of people, past guest etc) and then check the price for your category in the list below.

You don't need to worry about the final cost (i.e. taxes/fees) just the price per person rate.

Just so I'm clear that would mean I do need to put all specifics in for my booking (balcony/midship/Panorama Deck) and see what the "final" total is and compare that.....right?

Thanks for your help Ken!!!

Yes - including # of passengers. ken

Another question in ref to this?? I did not use a TA so I am not sure. Can you only use the carnival price checker?

some find it easier to use the popular on-line TA sites to check fares. Technically TA's cannot charge less than Carnival, so the fares should show the same - but the Carnival advertised/displayed rate is the only one that counts. ken

Archived