The Upsell fairy paid us a birthday visit!

misfit72ford

We got a call today from the upsell fairy offering us the Owners Suite on the Fantasy. We sail April 23 to Bermuda. We both have birthdays this weekend so it seemed like the perfect gift to give ourselves!!

I am not one to discuss the cost of our cruise so I will just say it was something we were comfortable with. ;)

The Carnival agent did say that we received the call because we are past guests and celebrating an anniversary with this trip. He also asked if we thought our travel companions would be interested in the other one.

I am so excited!!!:D:D:D:D We had already decided that this would be our last cruise for a few years and do some camping. It will be nice to have such a nice room for this one!

We got a call today from the upsell fairy offering us the Owners Suite on the Fantasy. We sail April 23 to Bermuda. We both have birthdays this weekend so it seemed like the perfect gift to give ourselves!!

I am not one to discuss the cost of our cruise so I will just say it was something we were comfortable with. ;)

The Carnival agent did say that we received the call because we are past guests and celebrating an anniversary with this trip. He also asked if we thought our travel companions would be interested in the other one.

I am so excited!!!:D:D:D:D We had already decided that this would be our last cruise for a few years and do some camping. It will be nice to have such a nice room for this one!

Sweet!!! Been in the Grand Suite but never the Owners Suite. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!! I'll be on Fantasy on the 4/8 sailing to the Bahamas. I know where the Owners Suites are located so I'll try to sneak a peek for ya!!!:D

Will thew upgrade fairy frown down upon you if we found out the price?

We've seen this suite on Carnival Ecstasy (same as Fantasy) and talked to those who have stayed in it. There's both good and bad reviews about it...

The good: It's large and roomy. You have a grand view of the pool area. You have a large bathroom with tub and shower, walk-in closet, private balcony, separate bedroom and sitting room (sofa and large chairs), large flat screen TV, fridge, wet bar stocked with glassware.

The bad: You are all alone at the top--not much traffic close to your door (it's on the spa deck at the top of the atrium--that could be seen by some as a good thing). The walking track is above your room and you may not be able to sleep late with joggers pounding down on you. Camp Carnival is below your suite so you may hear the noise of little kids. Your balcony has an obstructed view of a lifeboat. One couple told us the air conditioning didn't make it up that high and the room was always hot (may not be true on all ships, tho).

Even so, your experience will be what you make it. Congrats. You paid alot for it and, after all, it's a fun ship, so go have some fun. Bon Voyage!

Archived