FLL Marriott Marina

BBMom

We will be staying at the Marriott Marina precruise at the end of this month with our two sons, ages 9 and 12. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for our stay?

Thanks,
Susan

We had a great time there last year for our post-cruise night with our 11 and 13 year olds. The pool area was beautiful- we enjoyed it very much. Had lunch at the outdoor bar/restaurant by the pool. The intracoastal waterway sort of wraps around the hotel and the yachts are magnificent. Our Priceline room was about as far away from the lobby as you could get but had a balcony overlooking the pool and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on when away from home. Bought passes for the water taxi and buzzed around on that for a while seeing the sights and then ate at the ???? Street Fisheries (sorry can't remember the name at all but it was fun. Good happy hour specials and a reggae band.) Have fun.

Goodml

I believe the restaurant you referred to is the 15th Street Fisheries. That is definately a good one.

Until we sail the Jewel of the Seas .... maybe
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;1;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

BBMom,

Yes, there is a big food store in a strip mall, a long 2 1/2 blocks away on the same side of the street as your hotel as you head west from the hotel that sells all booze products. There is also a dedicted store selling liquor only in the same strip mall around the corner to the left of the food store as you are looking at the strip mall from the sidewalk or the street as you are heading west. There is also another liquor store 3 blocks away on the same side of the street of your hotel that is just across the street from this last liquor store I described in the strip mall, but I found there prices were higher.

I hope this helps you.

Archived