Room Service Questions - Caribbean Princess

njadam

We are going on our third cruise in May - Caribbean Princess out of New York. Just a couple of questions about room service:

- Generally how is the service on the Caribbean Princess?

- Any tips on when to order - how far in advance ?

- Is there an extra fee ?

I don't know why we never tried it. I guess we are not used to spoiling ourselves !:)

Thanks in advance for your input !!

We are going on our third cruise in May - Caribbean Princess out of New York. Just a couple of questions about room service:

I don't know why we never tried it. I guess we are not used to spoiling ourselves !:)

The service has always been fine for us.

With room service, it all depends on how busy they are. Just back from port can mean calling several times to order before you actually get through. Just time it so you aren't calling at the same time everyone else is getting back, and there shouldn't be a problem. For breakfast, just hang out your little door hanger with your choices the night before, and the time you wish it delivered, it works better than calling (at least for us it has).

The only charge is for pizza delivery ($3) or if you order trays of food stuff such as appeitzers for a party or group.

There is no fee for room service, but most people tip the waiter at least a couple of dollars for their effort.

At busy times it can take 30 minutes or more but general you'll get your order fairly quickly so order when your ready to eat.

Cheers, Rod

We'll be on the May sailing also (the 16th). This will be our 3rd time on this ship. Love it...

That being said - at night we sometimes put out the room service breakfast card. We hang it on the door specifying what time we want it and lo and behold it's there right on time! It's fun ordering room service especially if you have a balcony room. We've had lunch a couple of times on this ship and the sandwiches are delicious. Just remember to write EVERYTHING you want including butter, S&P, Ketchup, Jelly etc....Also give yourself at least a half hour when ordering. Tip the guy a couple of bucks. He'll be happy and you'll be happy too.

Enjoy

:)

Be aware that unless you are in a suite, room service has a limited menu, not the full MDR menu...

• 1 month later...
I'm going to miss not being able to order in a hot breakfast like RCI. That was one thing I loved about RCI room service.

Once I wrote in my own handwriting right on the breakfast card, bacon and eggs...I got it:D But I have to say, we usually just order juice and coffee, maybe a croissant....then a little later go to the Dining room for a full breakfast.

Archived