Packing question

KR2000

I've never been on a cruise and I was wondering what I need to pack?

What kind of clothing? And just other things I'll need on a cruise.

I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the western caribbean and the ports are labadee,ocho rios, george town, and cozumel

So what is everything i need to pack??

KR, welcome to the boards! I sure wish I had found this site before our first cruise. To answer your question, there are a couple of really good sites that have VERY comprehensive packing lists one is w w w . cruisediva . com (take out the spaces.) The other is http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/Ultimate_Packing_List.html Calgon's home page has many other wonderful links.

Be sure to check out the ports of call boards to learn about your ports. You will feel so comfortable when you get there because you have learned the ins and outs from other cruisers.

We are doing RCI Western, also, but will stop at Belize and Costa Maya.

My one recommendation for you to do is Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman. It is an amazing excursion.

You will have such a marvelous time!

Michelle

The Calgon list is fine as a reference point, but don't take it too seriously. I went through the list and marked off at least 100 items before I got out of the carry on section. Just remember, if you have to ask what an item is packed for, you probably don't need it. Take a few less outfits than you think you need, take your basic toiletries and a small first aid kit. A good camera with more memory/film than you think you need, a disposable underwater camera and a large bottle of sunscreen. A hat or visor.

Make a chart for each day of cruising, that way you can see how much clothing to pack. Wherever you can see an opportunity to mix and match clothes is a great way to cut back on packing. Try to coordinate your clothes to wear the same shoes for daytime, evening (one formal, one casual) and your most comfortable walking shoes.

The less you pack, the less you have to organize and haul. The cabins are small and well laid out, but there is still a limited amount of space to put things away.

Have fun planning and do yourself a favor, don't take to heart every little thing you read about here on these boards to pack.

The Calgon list is fine as a reference point, but don't take it too seriously. I went through the list and marked off at least 100 items before I got out of the carry on section. Just remember, if you have to ask what an item is packed for, you probably don't need it. Take a few less outfits than you think you need, take your basic toiletries and a small first aid kit. A good camera with more memory/film than you think you need, a disposable underwater camera and a large bottle of sunscreen. A hat or visor.

Make a chart for each day of cruising, that way you can see how much clothing to pack. Wherever you can see an opportunity to mix and match clothes is a great way to cut back on packing. Try to coordinate your clothes to wear the same shoes for daytime, evening (one formal, one casual) and your most comfortable walking shoes.

The less you pack, the less you have to organize and haul. The cabins are small and well laid out, but there is still a limited amount of space to put things away.

Have fun planning and do yourself a favor, don't take to heart every little thing you read about here on these boards to pack.

Kathie - it has been a long time since I looked at Calgon's list. I have one word to say, "Good Grief!" (oh, I guess that is 2 words.) Yes, there is a LOT of extra "stuff" on that list!

So, to the OP, use your good judgement on what to take from that list. I have taken from both sites and compiled a list of my own that I "tweak" after each cruise. I have my clothes down to 4 pair or shorts and tank tops a week, plus the evening clothes, 4 nites of which are capri sets with the same pair of sandals. Dressy clothes also share the same shoes.

I make sure I DO take a variety of meds so that I won't be searching the ship for that imodium in the middle of the night!

Common sense is a great deciding factor!

Michelle

Here is yet another packing question... I have read and looked at about 100 different packing lists... Do I need to pack beach towels for excursion days????!!!!:confused:
No. The ship will povide beach towels.

Archived