Pacific Jewel Dry Dock

It apepars Pacific Jewel is not cruising between 10th and 20th April whilst in Sydney. Assume she will be in Dry Dock. Any one know what refurbisments are supposed to happening?

the Pacific Jewel is supposed to go on the 10th april J111 and J112 is supposed to go on the 20th april....is that for this year you are talking about the dry dock

It apepars Pacific Jewel is not cruising between 10th and 20th April whilst in Sydney. Assume she will be in Dry Dock. Any one know what refurbisments are supposed to happening?

I'm on J111 April 10 and P&O haven't told me it's not going.

I'm on J111 April 10 and P&O haven't told me it's not going.

i wouldnt worry about it Gyyp, i think the OP has his ships mucked up....might be typo error....anyway its p&o busy time school holidays and easter time

Sorry I i am out on the 20th and I was trying to find out what cruise was out before us and I couldn't find anything.

co-incidentally P&O also advetised to us on an email to spend lunch on board on the 20th for a tour of teh ship, saying the Pacific Jewel was just ''freshly refurbished'' so had assumed there was no prior to cruise and was going to be in drydock.

P&O and their false advertising, something needs to be done about this misleading advertising as it's last update was fair while ago last year. so nothing fresh about it !!

Gyyp.....sorry to scare you

Hi Aussiecruiser275, Pacific Jewel was last drydocked in November 2010 for repair (Propullsion & stabilizers) and at the same time had painting and general refurb work including some interior updating and installation of the outdoor LCD screen.

Most cruise ships have 2 -5 year intervals between scheduled drydocking. So, as she had this done recently some people may appreciate the opportunity to see the differences and changes that have been made. I don't think we can expect another stint in drydock for her any time soon. (well I hope not anyway)

Maybe the cruise was omitted as it is a school holiday cruise and is booked out, and no further bookings can be taken through their site.(I have seen them do that before).

Jenny:)

Hi Jenny,

thanks for the response.

I thought the refurb was close to 6 months ago, my how time flies since that propulsion incident !!

That was the funny thing as our cruise on 20 april was also sold out on the 20 th april but was still for sale on both P&O and our agent booking site but the 10 th April was removed for sale for both.

Once again P&O just getting crafty with their advertising and stretching the truth a little. I wouldn't call 6 months "freshly refurbished" !!

But will be good to cruise on her again it has been about 15 months since we were last on her.

Hey Nigel, how's things? Is the whole family on this cruise?

We don't have one booked at the moment:(

Hi Karen, Just Gwen and I are going, daughter is going to Gold Coast with friends (school Holidays)so we grabbed this one.

Archived