List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

just off Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda...

Allan Brooks is now officially my favorite CD! :D

Anyone know if Allan Brooks will still be on the Explorer on Aug 26th? We'd love to see him again. I believe we were his first CD "assignment"- Serenade -August '03. He was very good back then and I'm reading great reports now.

If anyone is on the Explorer in June- please ask and report back -thanks.

critterchick - just checked and Bobby Brown will be the CD on our British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise on 18 June. I'll check how long he's going to be there and post it from the ship.

Be great to see him and Becky again.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know who will be replacing Becky as CD of Mariner after she moves over to Freedom in mid-July???

According to another thread, someone called RCI and they were informed it would be Dennis Sciortino. Don't know how true that is. I'm just letting ya'll know what I read on the other thread. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=583694

According to another thread, someone called RCI and they were informed it would be Dennis Sciortino. Don't know how true that is. I'm just letting ya'll know what I read on the other thread. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=583694

Thank you! Has anyone ever sailed with him, or know anything about him? (Maybe I should ask over on the X board, b/c when I googled his name, it came up that he was with them in the late 1990's.)

Does anyone know who the CD is on Serenade of the Seas? We are sailing on 7/28/07 and are curious.

Does anyone know where Gordon Watman or Cloughda Oconner are? We have sailed with them both many times and enjoy them both! They are the BEST in the industry!!!!!!!

Reading the posts here I amsuprised to hear that people like Bobby Brown. We sailed with him from Hawaii in Feb., 2002 and hated every minute of it! We found him to be rude and very disrespectful. We were told by other cruise directors that he was asked to resign from RCL becuase of passenger complaints. I hope maybe he has changed his act. He almost cause RCL to loose 3 Diamond memebers. You still could not pay me enough to sail with the man.

How about Hamish (Jamaican guy)? and I forget his name but he was on the Rhapsody in like 2005. We called him Dan Dan the Party Man:p

Hamish Davis was on the Majesty last May (07)

Reading the posts here I amsuprised to hear that people like Bobby Brown. We sailed with him from Hawaii in Feb., 2002 and hated every minute of it! We found him to be rude and very disrespectful. We were told by other cruise directors that he was asked to resign from RCL becuase of passenger complaints.

This is totally incorrect - Bobby went to work for (As was) Radisson Seven Seas Cruises. He then worked on land for a while and then came back to RCCL within the last year.

If they had asked him to resign, would they have asked him to come back as well?

Does anyone know who the CD is on Serenade of the Seas? We are sailing on 7/28/07 and are curious.

Does anyone know where Gordon Watman or Cloughda Oconner are? We have sailed with them both many times and enjoy them both! They are the BEST in the industry!!!!!!!

Reading the posts here I amsuprised to hear that people like Bobby Brown. We sailed with him from Hawaii in Feb., 2002 and hated every minute of it! We found him to be rude and very disrespectful. We were told by other cruise directors that he was asked to resign from RCL becuase of passenger complaints. I hope maybe he has changed his act. He almost cause RCL to loose 3 Diamond memebers. You still could not pay me enough to sail with the man.

And yet, we cruised with him and his lovely wife on Brilliance of the Seas several years ago and found him to be very charming and personable.:) We were disappointed when we heard that he and his wife had left RCI and were very pleased to learn of their return. I would take any reports as to the reason for their leaving with more than a grain of salt. :) Different people react differently to different CDs and someone who one person finds to be to delightful, others will find less so. Becky Thompson gets many rave reviews, but when we encountered her when she was an Asst. CD on Brilliance under Clo O'Connor, we found her to be overly perky and her personality to be cloyingly sweet.:( Perhaps it was just the contrast to Clo's dry sense of humor or she has mellowed a bit as she has settled in to her CD poisition since then, so I would be interested in sailing with her to see if I should revise my opinion.:)

How about Hamish (Jamaican guy)? and I forget his name but he was on the Rhapsody in like 2005. We called him Dan Dan the Party Man:p

Dan Whitney was on the Rhapsody up till last summer, and hasn't been seen since! So who knows?

Clo O'Conner had a child late last summer and is out on leave until whenever...

Scott

Archived