List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

My wife & I just completed a 3+4 b2b on the Majesty. The 4/28 sailing had Jim Rhodes for the CD, and on the 5/1 sailing he was replaced by Edwina Dei, who was "Bingo Mama" on the prior sailing.

Dan Whitney (Dan Dan the party man) will be leaving The Rhapsody for vacation the end of this week (Leaves 5/21) until middle of july, when He will return to the Rhapsody. (He told me this last week on the Rhapsody), he said his replacement during his time off was still up in the air as of last week.)

Thanks for the update.

It's probably a safe bet that we'll have Becky "Hello Love" Thompson on the Mariner in early June. We've enjoyed her on the Mariner during her first week aboard that ship back in Jun '04. She's an outstanding CD, will miss James Andrews though.

Lowcountrygal -- nice to see you on the Board and great that you are sailing Mariner again. We are booked on her for Eastern in Jan. 2007. Enjoyed meeting you last year when we sailing with 22 member of SIL's family. I agree that James Andrews was outstanding. Do you remember the anwers he got out of my son-in-law's grandparents during the Love and Marriage!!!! He got them to spill things that their kids didn't even know. LOL

Hel-lll-oo-ooo, SherriZ!

It has been TOO long! I said "hi" to you in a post a little while ago, perhaps you have noticed it. It was on the "CD & Cpt on Mariner" thread, April 7th.

Yes, of course, I remember your group and that WILD episode of Love & Marriage! It was the elevator humor for the rest of the week !! :D

We are excited to be returning to the Mariner in less than 3 weeks! I don't think we will have Cpt. Johnny though. :(

We have booked our first Radiance class cruise this Dec.

Stay in touch!

Rose

Rose -- sorry that I did not see your post on the CD/Captain of the Mainer thread. But thanks for saying hi and I'm saying hi right back and wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Which Raidance Class ship are you sailing on and when? We sailed on Jewel in Jan and had a great time but DH missed the pizzaz of the Voyager class ship and the short drive to Port Canaveral so we are doing Mariner again in January. We drove to Fort Lauderdale for the Jewel but it wasn't too bad. I love both classes of ship and liked the smaller size of the Jewel -- especially the Windjammer. It was also neat seeing people from our onliner group pretty frequently. We had great service -- best cabin steward ever and fabulous dinner service. I am doing Alaska with a girlfriend (DH will not go as he thinks its too cold) in Aug. on Serenade and our kids and Josh's (SIL) parents are on Radiance on June 10.

Just had dinner with the Love and Marriage couple and the rest of the family. We see lots of Josh's family as we live so close by. The restaurant started by Josh's father and Brother-in-law, Kasey's Gourmet Grill near Memorial Hospital, is going gangbusters. They had a huge crowd on Mother's Day. We've been going there a lot.

Think you will have Captain Sven Petterson -- - he brought the Voyager out in 1999 and is pretty prominent in the video (Captain Johnny is in the episode on the sea trials). Captain Petterson is retiring but is doing this last rotation on Mariner as Captain Gerry switched to Voyager because his pregnant wife is in Europe.

Anyway, let's continue to keep in touch. Sherri

Just back from Enchantment. Carly Boileau is the CD and does a great job. Always lots to do and a really friendly group working with her.

Hey Schplinky -- how was your cruise. Our Mariner 1/21/07 thread has been pretty inactive.

We had Carly on Enchantment right before she went on vacation. She does do a fine job--better than all the other female CDs we have had. She sure made the men's sexy legs contest her own!

I had Carley on the Legend in 2004, and I guess it was one of her first trips as Cruise Director - She, and Her Cruise Directer's staff were probabally one of the best I have seen in all of my cruises. She would often be seen out around the ship at night visiting in bars with all the guests, just to make us feel more welcome and part of the activities! I would have to say it is a toss up between her and Clo for my favorite..

This thread lead us to believe Clo O'Conner was going to be off until Aug 06. However it appears she is CD on the current sailing of Grandeur instead of Ashley Kerr. Can anyone confirm?

Clo is pregnant and so has had to change her schedule. She is doing a few weeks on Grandeur before having time off to have her baby (Scheduled for November).

She has not said where or when after that - if at all....

We sailed on the Radiance in late April - 14 nights through the canal and we thrilled to have Kieron Buffery as our CD. He is a recruit from Norwegian - a loss to that line most certainly. After 9 sailings on RCCL, he is one of the best. For those of you sailing on the Radiance in the future, you're in for a treat.

We have been on 6 cruises with RCCL. We never saw a CD except on the stage for the shows, or on TV when they were running the interview thing. So I really am having a hard time imagining how different CD's make a real difference to the cruise experience.

When you are saying that your "favorite" CD is on this or that ship, what makes them your favorite? Is it just their personality when doing the standard things CD's do, or have you actually had some other interaction that I haven't?

Just curious.

It may depend on the CD... on both Voyager and the Big Red Boat our CD's popped up a lot...moreso on the BRB (probably because it was a much much smaller ship...) I loved the fabulous woman who was CD on that one, but I bumped into Jeffrey Arpin on Voyager more than a couple of times, as well.

I agree with poster....never saw the cd (5 cruises) unless they are running an event. Never seen them mingling with the guests when they were not doing a show.

Your experience will obviously differ according to the personalities of the CDs involved. For our part, we have often encountered the CD onboard in one or another of the lounges or in port and the more sociable ones have always seemed to welcome an opportunity to socialize with passengers, answer questions and accept suggestions. On one cruise, we actually convinced the CD to reverse her decision not to have a horse auction (the event had been poorly attended on the previous few cruises) and on our cruise the horses actually sold for a minimum of $400 each with strong and spirited bidding by many parties. Another cruise director came to our Meet and Mingle and regaled us with fascinating backstage stories of some of his experiences on the ship. There have also been a few CDs that we saw little of except when he or she was onstage, and still others we would have liked to see and hear less of. It's all a matter of personality, and it should also be pointed out that the duties of a cruise director involve much more than emceeing the shows or overseeing some of the onboard activities, and some of those duties require his work to be done out of public view and behind the scenes.

Archived