List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

I asked them 2 weeks ago who the CD will be 10.15 member cruise on Freedom. If it is Ken Rush or James.

They email me back yesterday stating that they do not know what Ken is doing in October & James may be on vacation. What a dumb answer!

Getting dumb answers isn't unusual when dealing with customer service, but in this case, at least they admit to not knowing the anser at this time. Some of the more imaginative responders would have given you a name that would invariably turn out to be wrong. It is totally conceivable that the name of the CD on the October 15th cruise has not yet been determined. Give them credit for being honest.:D

Getting dumb answers isn't unusual when dealing with customer service, but in this case, at least they admit to not knowing the anser at this time. Some of the more imaginative responders would have given you a name that would invariably turn out to be wrong. It is totally conceivable that the name of the CD on the October 15th cruise has not yet been determined. Give them credit for being honest.:D

Exactly - look how often this list changes......

If they had given an answer, and the info had have been wrong, they poster would have been upset also. I suppose they just cannot win.

from C&A today "Unfortunately at this time we are unable to devulge the name of the CD on 10/15/2006 sailing of Freedom of the Seas for security reasons."

Exactly - look how often this list changes......

If they had given an answer, and the info had have been wrong, they poster would have been upset also. I suppose they just cannot win.

from C&A today "Unfortunately at this time we are unable to devulge the name of the CD on 10/15/2006 sailing of Freedom of the Seas for security reasons."

Before every cruise, I have emailed C&A and asked who the CD is and what the entertainment is.

EVERY time, I get a list of the entertainers, and "Unfortunately at this time we are unable to divulge the name of the CD for security reasons."

It is their standard response. No one is singling you out, MACOP, or dissing you.

Allan Brooks is on vacation from Explorer. Replacement is Ashley Kerr.

We had Allan on out 8/6 Bermuda cruise, which afterwards he was leaving for his vacation. We were very lucky to have him. He was VERY good.

I asked them 2 weeks ago who the CD will be 10.15 member cruise on Freedom. If it is Ken Rush or James.

They email me back yesterday stating that they do not know what Ken is doing in October & James may be on vacation. What a dumb answer!

When I was on the freedom in June I had the opportunity to talk to ken, at that time he told me that he will be joining the ship the week we sail (november 5th) and that james will be there until then. Now it is possible that james has made some vacation plans since then and they may have a fill in, that I cant tell you, but as far as he knew it would be james until then.

If you find out, let me know, We are going 2 weeks later! But Shane did tell me on the navigator when we were talking about it, that Ken Rush is assigned to the freedom until he goes to the liberty, and his 8 weeks off should be up by mid october, so one may guess......

Just got off of the Mariner yesterday. Becky was still the CD for our cruise which was a nice surprise but she was packed and leaving for vacation yesterday when we left. She said she would probably be back on the Mariner for a few months and then she hopes to move to the new ship Genesis. Kirk will replace her on the Mariner while she is on vacation and the other CD staff did not seem to be happy with the replacement based on their comments.

One of the people on our roll call for the Dec.2 sailing of the Navigator, e-mailed the reservation dept. inquiring about the entertainment for our sailing. When they e-mailed her back ,they said James Andrews would be the CD for that cruise. Hope they are correct. Judi :)

Just home from the Enchantment of the Seas where Paul Rutter was the cruise director. I don't know any other information than that... ie. how long he will be there etc.

At first I wasn't sure whether I cared much for him as a cruise director. He was definitely not "perky", or a little crazy like Matt Baker. But by the second day we had settled into his "style" and enjoyed having him as our cruise director.

Darlene

Before every cruise, I have emailed C&A and asked who the CD is and what the entertainment is.

EVERY time, I get a list of the entertainers, and "Unfortunately at this time we are unable to divulge the name of the CD for security reasons."

It is their standard response. No one is singling you out, MACOP, or dissing you.

1. How far in advance do you send the e-mail?

2. You send it to crownandanchor@rccl.com Right?

Thanx

We are just back from AOS. I have to comment about Richard Spacey, the best Cruise Director we have ever had the pleasure to experience. He was VERY FUNNY, very visable, and seems to genuinely LOVE what he is doing. He helped to make a wonderful cruise even better. His staff was excellent as well.

Huskies4,

Do you have any idea how long Richard Spacey will be on Adventure? Which route was it that he was on, the one that includes Barbados or Aruba? We have AOS booked for April, 2007, and I was wondering if it would be likely he would stay that long.

Bill Brunkhorst was on the Jewel through the August 18 sailing. As of the August 30 sailing Karen Mayberry has returned.

We liked Bill. He doesn't have the explosive energy of a Graham Seymour or a Richard Spacey but his calm, professional style was perfect for a 12-day port intensive itinerary. He also skipped the "top 10" questions segment from the farewell show as well as the usual jokes about the size of the bathroom..etc - imo a smart move.

Richard Spacey confirmed back on Adventure. Karen Maybury confirmed on Jewel. Anything else?

Adventure OTS - Richard Spacey confirmed 9/3/06

Brilliance OTS - Mike Hunnerup confirmed 7/2/06

Empress OTS - Warren Melhuish (Allen) confirmed 8/1/06

Enchantment OTS - Paul Rutter confirmed 8/13/06

Explorer OTS - Ashley Kerr confirmed 8/19/06

Freedom OTS - James Andrews confirmed 7/24/06

Grandeur OTS - Gavin Brown confirmed 8/13/06

Jewel OTS - Karen Maybury confirmed 9/3/06

Legend OTS - Marc Walker confirmed 5/5/06

Majesty OTS - Jimmy Rhodes confirmed 6/13/06

Mariner OTS - Kirk Detweiler confirmed 8/11/06

Monarch OTS - Johnny O confirmed 7/30/06

Navigator OTS - Shane confirmed 8/11/06

Radiance OTS - Pierce Ivan confirmed 7/31/06

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney confirmed 7/30/06

Serenade OTS - Matt Sole confirmed 7/3/06

Sovereign OTS - Chris Armas confirmed 8/13/06

Splendour OTS - Leo Papa confirmed 7/2/06

Vision OTS - Keith Williams confirmed 6/9/06

Voyager OTS - Rico Du Breil confirmed 7/2/06

i was really disapointed when i was on the AOS in early august with Simeon Baker, i was hopeing to have Richard Spacey again since he is simply the best. Simeon on the other hand was horrible- jokes at the the end of the shows were bad, and the hands in the air thing come on dude we are not all 5 years old. on the rare chances that i saw him throughout the ship and would say hi he just was like unh. at he did make it apparent through the tv show that he was leaving the ship very soon. i found that the staff- especially the activities manager leigh and monica to be great and very personable i had a nice convo with each

Just had John Blair confirmed for Vision:

Adventure OTS - Richard Spacey confirmed 9/3/06

Brilliance OTS - Mike Hunnerup confirmed 7/2/06

Empress OTS - Warren Melhuish (Allen) confirmed 8/1/06

Enchantment OTS - Paul Rutter confirmed 8/13/06

Explorer OTS - Ashley Kerr confirmed 8/19/06

Freedom OTS - James Andrews confirmed 7/24/06

Grandeur OTS - Gavin Brown confirmed 8/13/06

Jewel OTS - Karen Maybury confirmed 9/3/06

Legend OTS - Marc Walker confirmed 5/5/06

Majesty OTS - Jimmy Rhodes confirmed 6/13/06

Mariner OTS - Kirk Detweiler confirmed 8/11/06

Monarch OTS - Johnny O confirmed 7/30/06

Navigator OTS - Shane confirmed 8/11/06

Radiance OTS - Pierce Ivan confirmed 7/31/06

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney confirmed 7/30/06

Serenade OTS - Matt Sole confirmed 7/3/06

Sovereign OTS - Chris Armas confirmed 8/13/06

Splendour OTS - Leo Papa confirmed 7/2/06

Vision OTS - John Blair confirmed 9/4/06

Voyager OTS - Rico Du Breil confirmed 7/2/06

as C&A sent me an email telling me they cannot tell me who it will be for their safety. If they are on vacation every 3 months & he is confirmed in July on Freedom, then he isn't on the member cruise & I cannot see a louse one working it.

You can NEVER go wrong with James Andrews!!! He is always Fantastic!!!

Any Ship that has Karen Mayberry on as CD is Super as well! They are the Best we have ever!

Archived