do prices drop for August Alaska cruise?

Eventide331

We are hoping to get to take an Alaska cruise in August. Would prefer the RC Rhapsody because of a longer stay in Victoria. They actually make a day of Victoria rather than just an evening. We sailed Holland last time and had a great cruise. We LOVE Buchart Gardens and were so pleasantly surprised with the port of Victoria. LOVED all of Alaska even though we had only 3 hours of sunshine for the entire cruise. That was a bit disappointing but it was wonderful just the same. All that to say, we are wondering when we should book the cruise? I seem to see cruises drop in price sometimes as we get closer to sail date but haven't followed the Alaska market as much. We sailed Alaska in August only two years ago and already ready to go back. We will go about two weeks earlier this time. Really need a good deal as we would like to take our son too. Blessings and happy sailing!

If you will be having three in a cabin, HAL has been offering some deals where the third person is either free or $99 plus port fees.

I am going early August and so far no price drops on my cruise. :( I was sure hopeful it would happen before final payment. (In 2008 there were two price drops before final payment.) I wanted the particular cruise I am taking at the time I am taking it, so I was not willing to wait and see what kind of price drops might come after final payment. I had specific excursions I wanted, and many are already booked. Someday though, I will watch those 90 day ticker last minute deals. However, then I have to try to find bargain airfare, which is not always easy to find at the last minute.

Good luck!!!

>SNIP<

Someday though, I will watch those 90 day ticker last minute deals. However, then I have to try to find bargain airfare, which is not always easy to find at the last minute.

Good luck!!!

I've been watching the 90 day ticker in the hopes of getting on a HAL ship to Alaska in May (from Vancouver). No luck. Zero, zip, zilch, nada! After my experience with increasing prices as my Sept cruise approached, I'm not holding out much hope for Sept, either :D Ah well, maybe 2012 will be the year I get to do the 14 day one!

I've been watching the 90 day ticker in the hopes of getting on a HAL ship to Alaska in May (from Vancouver). No luck. Zero, zip, zilch, nada! After my experience with increasing prices as my Sept cruise approached, I'm not holding out much hope for Sept, either :D Ah well, maybe 2012 will be the year I get to do the 14 day one!

The last time I looked the prices did drop on the May cruises from what they had been last fall. My next cruise will likely be May, but this year I wanted the salmon run season. Good luck to you!!!! I hope it works out for you.

RCI isn't known to have those give away last minute rates. Princess and HAL have in the past. I'm going to be picking up a Sept sailing, and have a WIDE open list, and the first one to hit, is going to win. You really need to be very flexable, and NOT limited to one ship- to hit the deal.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked our RC Rhapsody Alaska trip for August 19 this past August on another cruise. Since then, the booking price for our category has already jumped $200/pp.

I keep an eye on them just in case there's that slight chance of a reduction.

Just a heads up.

I am a bargain hunter as well and don't stick with one cruise line just for loyalty. Early May cruises this year had some very good prices, especially on HAL.

As I don't care what sort of room I have on the ship, I am able to grab some goodies.

We booked back when RCC first posted you could book for the 2011 season. Since then our room category which is center hump deck 7 E1 has gone up almost $600.:eek: I can't believe it!! We were hoping for a drop as well. At this point if it doesn't drop our on line agent (first time used one of these) said we can still get that $25 reduction that has to do with some charge relating to Alaska.:p

Archived