Permission to Travel

vcrus1102

My wife and I are going on a cruise for our 1 year anniversary(leaving the day of) and are bringing our kids with us. The kids are from previous marriages. We are leaving on the Coquest and are going to the Bahamas. I do plan on getting a permission letter to travel to be safe, but was wondering if anyone else has done this.

What have you done if you were in this situation?

we are in the same boat so to speak.... we are cruising in May out of NOLA and are taking are three kids from previous marriages. We are concerned about my husband ex-wife giving us a hard time on signing the consents - I have already spoken to our attorney in case we have to get him involved to obtain her signature.

I put a thread about traveling with stepchildren and most of the replies I got said the same thing - that it is better safe than sorry to have the letters and not need them rather not have them and need them....

do you just love dealing with ex's when it comes to things like this?! lol.

DH and I took our grandson cruising with us. Had a notorized paper and her divorce papers stating she had sole custody. We were never asked for them, but my luck if I didn't have them, they would have wanted them!!

Better to be safe than sorry! Have a wonderful vacation!

Archived