Fun Time in Cozumel

Hi! Does anyone know how strict Dolphin Discovery regarding the enforcement of the minium age for the Royal Swim?

Our youngest will be exactly 3 months shy of her 8th birthday when we are in Cozumel. Of all of us - she is the most desparate to swim with the dolphins... it's all she's talked about since we booked! :(

Unfortunately, she's also small for her age... we'd have better luck passing her off as younger than older. Will they question us regarding her age?

Is there a particular safety issue (ie: height/weight requirement) that necessitates the minimum age? Or do you think it's primarily a concern that an immature child might panic, start to cry and ruin an expensive excursion for the other guests??

If there are pressing safety issues, we wouldn't consider trying to get her in... but if the issue is maturity... that is not a problem. She's more adventurous than her older sister!

Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks!!:D

Hi! Does anyone know how strict Dolphin Discovery regarding the enforcement of the minium age for the Royal Swim?

Our youngest will be exactly 3 months shy of her 8th birthday when we are in Cozumel. Of all of us - she is the most desparate to swim with the dolphins... it's all she's talked about since we booked! :(

Unfortunately, she's also small for her age... we'd have better luck passing her off as younger than older. Will they question us regarding her age?

Is there a particular safety issue (ie: height/weight requirement) that necessitates the minimum age? Or do you think it's primarily a concern that an immature child might panic, start to cry and ruin an expensive excursion for the other guests??

If there are pressing safety issues, we wouldn't consider trying to get her in... but if the issue is maturity... that is not a problem. She's more adventurous than her older sister!

Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks!!:D

I haven't completed this excursion yet (as we sail in June); however, I would suggest contacting either RCCL (if you are booking through them), or Dolphin Discovery. I know the second options may be an international call, but I believe they had an email address on their site and you may be able to ask that way.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I haven't completed this excursion yet (as we sail in June); however, I would suggest contacting either RCCL (if you are booking through them), or Dolphin Discovery. I know the second options may be an international call, but I believe they had an email address on their site and you may be able to ask that way.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

We did do the excursion when we were there last month. There is no physical restriction and we did have an under-10 girl there in the group we were with for the Royal Dolphin swim. There isn't a physical restriction. It may have to do with their liability coverage and the insurance company may have that restriction; if so, then they'll be pretty strict as they wouldn't want to violate their insurance coverage. I don't know, but you can call.

And the call is not international. They have a US-based 800 number that you can call that is toll-free within the US. You can find it on their web-site.

Archived