Best place for Formal Portrait on Diamond

Summertime

I want to make sure to get a picture taken of the girls and I on formal night. Is there a place where we are suppose to go or do we just go to dinner and have them taken wherever the photographers are before hand? Just wondering if you'd share your favourite spot to have your pictures taken on formal nights.

Thanks a bunch,

Summer

We took a beautiful picture on our balcony but I wanted to get one on the promenade deck with the wake in the back. Stand at the wake with your back to the camera and act like you are looking out to see and turn your head sideways to get a profile shot of the faces. It also shows off the neat backs on the formal dresses.

I enjoyed shots we took more then the ships because they are cheaper and the backgrounds are real and you relate to them more. But go around and have your picture taken at all the backgrounds and you will have lots of choices.

We went to every photographer and had our photos taken, so we'd have more to choose from. If I remember correctly, the center staircase was the only "real" background out of the choices and it came out beautifully. (Of course, we were lucky and had all the holiday greenery around us, since we did the New Year's cruise) - In any case, that staircase itself is beautiful.

Shar

Oops... one more thing...

I don't know about the Diamond, but on several of the other ships, they have a backdrop that is EXACTLY the same backdrop as a scene in the Titanic!! (It's actully quite pretty)

(My brother thinks they should play the movie Titanic or Jaws in the MUTS!!) :rolleyes:

We always try to be ready about an hour before dinner on formal nights and then we make the rounds of the photographers. The more photos you have taken, the more likely you'll find one that you like.

When you do the rounds where do you go? Is it all around the ship or near where the dining rooms are? Also, from another poster, do you mean that there is only one place where you get your picture taken and the background is real - does that mean that all the other poses have something inserted behind them? Please help, I'm confused :)

Summer

They set up about 5 or 6 stations all in the atrium area with different backdrops, some natural (i.e. the ship's own decor) and some with phony (and tacky) backdrops (like Scarlett O'Hara's sweeping staircase). But, each place takes a different kind of picture--some are close up headshots, some are full body so check out the station and they will show you what kind of photo they are taking. They do it on both formal nights so if you don't really love what they did, wait for the next time. Their photos are not cheap.

Hi Summer:

I believe Realproperty answered your questions. Just wander around the central atrium area and you'll find photographers stationed near the central elevators and in all sorts of other spots. We waited until one of the performances were going on and found smaller lines. If you go early, you should be able to hit several photographers before dinner.

Shar

I think I get the general idea now of where to go to get the pictures taken, thanks for your help. It sounds like if I want the variety it's perfectly okay to get our pictures taken in some of the different spots so I can choose the one I like the best.

Summer

Archived