St. Kitts Beaches

cruise777

Visit Cockleshell Beach and have lunch at Lion's Bar.

Lions website hasn't been updated lately, did he have lobster and shrimp? We are going to be there in the first part of April and I think that is were we want to go. Thanks

Lions website hasn't been updated lately, did he have lobster and shrimp? We are going to be there in the first part of April and I think that is were we want to go. Thanks

Hmmm. I can't remember if he had lobster. He had BBQ shrimp for sure, and fish and ribs. I had the ribs and my girlfriend had the fish and they were both EXCELLENT, especially with the numerous side dishes.

How do you get there? Cost?

We toured with Rose and Jim's Taxi Service and did an island tour which included a beach stop. The tour normally goes to Cockleshell, but we asked to go to South Friars instead. The time there was at our leisure and we just let Rose know when we were ready to go back to the ship.

I was first thinking of heading to Cockleshell Beach than read several poor reviews.

After that decided on South Frigate Bay, but now looking at nytonowhere's photos... South Friars Bay might be the place.

I too would like to know the taxi fare.

How much were the chairs?

If there aren't proper bathrooms' date=' then what? :eek:[/quote']

There is an ocean of possibilities! :eek:

On a more serious note!

I am heading here, and am wondering if going to the Fort is worth it, and if so, which beach to go to after going to the fort.

Shipwreck Bar is located on South Friars Beach, there is no Shipwreck beach.

Thank you Paul. I had read somewhere on here that a great place to snorkel was shipwreck beach. When I went to locate it, I couldn't find it then I couldn't find where I read that. Guess that explains it, doesn't it?:D

I was first thinking of heading to Cockleshell Beach than read several poor reviews.

After that decided on South Frigate Bay' date=' but now looking at nytonowhere's photos... South Friars Bay might be the place.

I too would like to know the taxi fare.

How much were the chairs?[/quote']

we went to south frigate bay the first time we were in st. kitts and it is nowhere near as nice as south friars...def go to south friars..i dont know the taxi fare because i was on a tour our tour was 30$ and included the whole island plus lunch and beach time..with royston tours..the taxi fare cant be too much its a small island we went further down so we had the beach to ourselves and just layed our towel out.

added...what i do know is taxi fares are regulated by the gov't so you will not get ripped off, you will easily find your way to the taxi station at the port and there is a huge board with prices on it, should have took a picture of it...

Can you tell me, if you go to the beach on one of the tours...say Royston, does he just sit and wait for you or does he leave and come back for you? I think I would feel rushed if we was just sitting there waiting, but like the idea of getting a tour first.

Another vote for South Friar's. We rented scooters for the day and went around the island. We ended our day at South Friar's. The beaches on St. Kitts are not your typical white sand beaches and can have quite a few rocks in the water but the water is clear and there tend to be lots of shells to be found. We had a fantastic 30 minute massage from Magic Fingers (so he's called) and his mother, Laverne. Set your price in advance and whether you want your back included and then lay back and enjoy :)

You pay for the tour based on a certain number of hours. If you choose to spend part of that time at the beach, then your tour operator is more than happy to oblige you. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be relaxed. It's not like he's going to be sitting there staring at you and wishing you would want to leave. It's the islands .. no one is in a hurry to go anywhere. Relax and enjoy your time there.

You pay for the tour based on a certain number of hours. If you choose to spend part of that time at the beach, then your tour operator is more than happy to oblige you. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be relaxed. It's not like he's going to be sitting there staring at you ROTFL and wishing you would want to leave. It's the islands .. no one is in a hurry to go anywhere. Relax and enjoy your time there.

Thanks for the reassurance. I feel much better and had a good laugh.

Happy travels.

Archived