Check in process when booked through cruiseline?

mantis23

This will be my first time flying where I have not booked the flight myself. Princess handled everything for me. How will the check in process work? do I just show up at the counter with my passport and ID? I'm used to using the kiosk where I just swipe the card I used to buy the tickets and they spit out. Will this still work the same?

Most airlines allow you to check in online around 24-30 hours prior to departure. I always use the cruise line organised air and have checked in online each time without any problem. At the desk in the airport, show ID and they deal with luggage at the bag drop, often well ahead of the normal check in desk opening time for your specific flight (least that is my experience at Manchester UK). I will be checking in on Sunday morning for my Monday afternoon flight, and will bag drop as soon as I get off the train at the airport on Monday morning. Nice easy & efficient...no hanging about in a queue to check in at the desk at the allotted time.

This is also the first time for us using Princess for flights. Booked through a travel agent and received Electronic Flight Ticket document last night. I can't see anywhere on it a booking number for the airline though (BA). All I have is my Princess booking reference, so I can't login to either check in online or choose a seat in advance.

Any ideas?

Allison

This is also the first time for us using Princess for flights. Booked through a travel agent and received Electronic Flight Ticket document last night. I can't see anywhere on it a booking number for the airline though (BA). All I have is my Princess booking reference, so I can't login to either check in online or choose a seat in advance.

Any ideas?

Allison

If you have your e-ticket, you can check-in online with BA 24 hours prior to the flight. The e-ticket number is all you require along with your surname....

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/olcilandingpageauthreq/public/en_us

If you click the 'what is' link to the side of the reference number box, you will see diagrams of where to find the relevent code.

Contacted BA and because we're on a group booking we can't check in online. Shame, as most times I've flown BA there's been a cheap deal to upgrade to Premium Economy (and with such a long flight, I'd really have liked this). Also, I collect BA Miles, which happily I can still claim. Here is their response:

"As you have made a group booking, you will be unable to access your booking online. You will need to check in and request the seats of your choice at the airport.

To earn Executive Club Tier Points and BA Miles for your upcoming flights, your Executive Club membership number will need to be entered into the booking. To update your membership number in the booking, please contact your dedicated Service Centre. Their telephone numbers, addresses and opening times can be found at:

http://www.ba.com/servicecentres

Or, simply quote your membership number at check-in. "

So guess we'd better get to Heathrow early!

Allison

Contacted BA and because we're on a group booking we can't check in online. Shame, as most times I've flown BA there's been a cheap deal to upgrade to Premium Economy (and with such a long flight, I'd really have liked this). Also, I collect BA Miles, which happily I can still claim. Here is their response:

"As you have made a group booking, you will be unable to access your booking online. You will need to check in and request the seats of your choice at the airport.

To earn Executive Club Tier Points and BA Miles for your upcoming flights, your Executive Club membership number will need to be entered into the booking. To update your membership number in the booking, please contact your dedicated Service Centre. Their telephone numbers, addresses and opening times can be found at:

http://www.ba.com/servicecentres

Or, simply quote your membership number at check-in. "

So guess we'd better get to Heathrow early!

Allison

Now that is odd.

I am flying home from Nice with BA at the end of my cruise, flights booked by the cruise line.

I was able to get the flight reference number very easily from BA by emailing them with the flight number(s) and my full name and which cruise line. They replied a couple days later with the reference which I entered into the 'manage my booking' section on the BA site. I am not a member of their FF club or anything, so that had no bearing.

I can check in online 24 hours prior to flying from the ship without any problem.

I did the same thing last year too with BA through the cruise line and there were around 40-50 people from the ship all on the same flights as me.

Archived