Hmmm, How to get back to the Tampa airport after the trip on the NCL Star in December

rain264

How do most cruisers get back to the airport after the cruise? Our port is Tampa and I haven't seen anything to make a reservation for our family of four. I would think a taxi would be pretty pricey so I am curious on alternatives.

How do most cruisers get back to the airport after the cruise? Our port is Tampa and I haven't seen anything to make a reservation for our family of four. I would think a taxi would be pretty pricey so I am curious on alternatives.

I copied the following from the North American Homeports under Florida Departures. There may be more info there if this doesn't answer your question.

Hertz is right at the terminal at TIA so no worries there. Call Hertz at Tampa directly and find out if they offer a free shuttle to the port. A lot of the car rental agencies do and it includes a trip back from the port to TIA once your cruise is over so it might be worth a call. As far as the taxis, once you drop off the car you will go across the crosswalk and then take the elevator to baggage claim. Go right outside the door and you will see a taxi que. There is a flat rate of $25 for up to 4 passengers from the airport to the port. If you need a larger taxi just tell them and they will call a van-taxi out of the que to pull up for you. TIA is one of the best airports that I have ever flown from. Have a great cruise. :)

A taxi from the port to TPA is only $25+tip :D - flat rate for the cab, not per person. With 4 + bags you may need a mini-van or SUV type cab; there will be many available in the line of cabs at the port.

Good luck! :)

Archived