Murano?

newcruiser09

Hello

I'm really interested in trying out the Murano restaurant on my upcoming cruise, but I'm not sure how to decide which night/time to go? How do you choose in advance if you don't know what is being served in the main dining room or which shows are each night? I've seen some sample menus from past cruisers and there are some dishes in the MDR that I'd really like to experience. Is it likely that I'll be able to make a reservation the day I want to go so I can compare my options?

Also, do any of you choose your Murano night based on the ships position to get a view of the sunset and try to dine around that time?

Any advice would be awesome!

I choose a resturant based on when I would like to go rather than what is on the menu someplace else.

Also, if seeing the sunset is prime, then you need to check your itinerary to determine where you will be that particular night. Sitting by a window with the sun shining on you is not all that great in my opinion. Your specific cruise willl have the ship going in whatever directions.

As far as reservations, you can make them on the day you wish to have dinner there. It does not have to be made in advance. Wait till you get onboard and then decide.

Often they do a special promotion for the first night. Might be a 2 for 1 or a 20% off. I don't believe there is a clear window view from Murano on the S class ships. Life boats are outside and there are curtains hiding the view. Best sea views are from the Tuscan Grille.

Thanks so much for your input. I'll just wait until I get on board and plan dinner around the night's activities rather than on when the sun will be setting - I had looked up the sunset times and what direction I think the ship will be sailing and it's helpful to know we wouldn't see it anyway. I think we'll just eat at a convenient time and catch the sunset from one of the other areas of the ship. Thanks!

Often they do a special promotion for the first night. Might be a 2 for 1 or a 20% off. I don't believe there is a clear window view from Murano on the S class ships. Life boats are outside and there are curtains hiding the view. Best sea views are from the Tuscan Grille.

There was no view out to sea from Murano. I recommend the Tuscan Grill. Order the Filet Mignon and wine for a beautiful view and great dinner. I'd finish with the Chocolate Fondue.

We just walked in the first night aboard and dined two for one. We were on Equinox in Apr/May last year so the special may have changed. The view doesn't change.

-Marisela

I would urge you to book in advance. Even on S-Class ships Murano sometimes gets booked up for all but the earliest and latest dining times in advance of sailing date. Since you appear to be sailing on Century, Murano is the only specialty restaurant and if you wait until day of, there is a high chance there will be nothing available. Murano is such a great experience you would not want to miss it; IMHO it is prudent to just pick a date now and book as missing Murano would trump missing a dish that sounds appealing in the main dining room.

If you know the ships formal nights, we usually try not to book a specialty restaurant on those nights, as these are usually the nights in the MDR that have a featured menu item (Example Lobster).

Definitely book in advance to avoid disappointment, and save room for the Cheese course.

Hello

I'm really interested in trying out the Murano restaurant on my upcoming cruise, but I'm not sure how to decide which night/time to go? How do you choose in advance if you don't know what is being served in the main dining room or which shows are each night? I've seen some sample menus from past cruisers and there are some dishes in the MDR that I'd really like to experience. Is it likely that I'll be able to make a reservation the day I want to go so I can compare my options?

Also, do any of you choose your Murano night based on the ships position to get a view of the sunset and try to dine around that time?

Any advice would be awesome!

Its irrelevant what is being served in the MDR. Go to Murano order the Lobster flambe and have the meal of your life. I suggest a sea day for specialty restaurants

There was no view out to sea from Murano. I recommend the Tuscan Grill. Order the Filet Mignon and wine for a beautiful view and great dinner. I'd finish with the Chocolate Fondue.

We just walked in the first night aboard and dined two for one. We were on Equinox in Apr/May last year so the special may have changed. The view doesn't change.

-Marisela

You are so very right.

I got it mixed up with the Tuscan Grill. No view from Murano at all. The dinner was fantastic, as was the service. It was worth the extra expense in my opinion. The meal at the Tuscan was so so. Service was great but the food was not nothing to write home about.

We sat by the window at the Tuscan with a sea view of the prop wash, nicely lit up though. LOL.

We have booked Murano dining several times. You have to figure out when formal evenings are going to be & don't book it those nights. (Usually formals are 2nd night & 2 days before getting off ship.) Book ahead of time or you may not get reservations. We've already booked Murano for our cruise May 1 on Solstice.

Archived