Doubletree Hotel Downtown Miami

Kimarie

How far is the Bayside Market Place from this hotel? I know the Marriott is next to the Doubletree, but what else is around there? Are there lots of shops? Also, is this an area where you would want to take a cab at night?

Kim

We stayed at the Doubletree last June. It is definately an area to take a cab at night. We took a cab to Bayside as well it wasn't far, but we weren't walking it. Ask for a room with a Port view, We didn't get one. Everyone raved about port views that haad one. There aren't any nearby stores. We had the cab driver stop at a Walgreens.

We stayed at the Doubletree in May and thought that it was great. The customer service was wonderful. You receive hot chocolate chip cookies when you are checking in. There are several restaurants on the lobby floor, steak, sushi, a bar type, and a cuban cafeteria. Also next to the cafeteria there is a market that has everything from bottled water to fresh fruit. It is similar to an am/pm only bigger. There is also a liquor store although it seemed quite overpriced. But like I said customer service was great. We had gone up to our rooms and when we came back down to check out the restaurants we stopped at the customer service desk to find out if they sold stamps, the lady told us where we could buy them, we thanked her and then she asked us how many we needed, we told her about five, so she reaches into her purse and gets out like $3.00 she gives it to us and tells us just to leave it in an envlope with her name on it when we check out in the morning. I would definetly stay there again. Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn directly across the street from Bayside Market, the location was great for going to Bayside but I really enjoyed the Doubletree much more. Plus it was nice how the little market was right in the hotel, the prices wern't jacked up either. Oh, also when we were talking to the stamp lady she asked if we had taken the limo out yet, we told her no and she let us know that if we wanted to go to a different restaurant off property to just let her know and she would get us the limo, which there is no charge for. We didn't do this but thought the offer was nice. By the way I got the room on Priceline for about $35.00.

05/15/04 Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

I too am interested in the Doubletree, I am staying there this August for the first time.

On a previous post they said that the "people mover" is a block away....and that it takes you directly to bayside.

Can somebody confirm this....?

thanks,

Ackpth

Mardi Gras 1987

Carnivale 1989

Zenith 1992

Regal 1993

Sensation 1996

Big Red Boat 1998

Norway 1999

Maasdamm 2001

Nordic Empress 2003

The people mover takes you to Bayside, but i wouldn't say 'door-to-door'. The peoplemover stop is about a 2 block walk to Bayside.

-thereuare

<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>

and

<font size="3">PortSchedules</font>

Archived