Difference between Premium balcony and regular balcony

Traveler210211

I believe premium balconies are a new category (they used to be all the same price, I think) and include such things as aft wraps and those super long balconies that result from the cabin being next door to a storeroom or some other room rather than another cabin.

We have a premium balcony next year on the Glory... we booked early so we got it for the same price as a regular balcony. It is in the back section of the boat (aft section but NOT an aft room). The balcony is bigger/longer. It also has a different setup than the other rooms - two windows and a door going out to the balcony with the bed facing the windows & door. You can google and get lots of pictures of them. It's a good deal, I think, if you can get one. I won't know until next year! :)

When we booked our balcony the only thing was balcony or extended balcony. We took the extended. In price checking one day a new catagory was shown, premium balcony. The stateroom is more square (and more square footage) than the extended balcony. I think the regular and extended are 185 sq ft, and the premium is 230 sq ft. and the balcony 85 sq ft.

We got an extended balcony on the Destiny our last cruise. Same price as the regular balcony, but the balcony was at least 50% longer than regular - it had the lounger plus two regular chairs and the little table for furnishings, and those were much less crowded than on a standard balcony.

We got a premium balcony on the Glory - this was an aft wrap, and it cost several hundred $$$ more than a standard balcony. Basically, I think, it cost the same as the suite my brother had. We definitely preferred the premium balcony over their suite - the balcony was HUGE! A couple of loungers, a couple of chairs, and lots and lots of space in between. We did that cruise with several grown children who used our balcony extensively, and our dear toddler grandson. He LOVED the balcony! He'd head out his parents' door straight for our door, and go straight to the balcony door :) While the room for the premium balcony was certainly nowhere near as large as the suites, and the furnishings were the same as a regular room, the room itself was much larger than the average balcony room, had lots of windows, and was very bright and airy. LOVED IT!!!

That said, the premium balcony was fantastic for us because there were several of us using it, not just the DH and myself. If it were just the two of us, I'd definitely be very happy with an extended balcony, and satisfied with a regular balcony :p

Hope this helps...

Carnival now charges more for these balconies. They are about twice the length of a standard balcony. At one time, they were the same price as standard.

Just know this, your cabin is configured differently and you do not have a sofa in the room. Your cabin is configured akwardly. We were in 6450 on the conquest. The bathroom door opens and meets the bed.

The balconies are only longer, not any deeper. http://********************/view_room.php?r_id=1952

oops, forgot the web address no no lol. you can find it at (cruiseline rooms dot com) no space

This is a great site to view photos. I have about 4-5 photos on here showing the balcony length/depth and the picture of the bed and the bathroom door next to it. We would stay in this cabin again because we loved the balcony. But i'm not sure it's worth the extra cost now without a sofa.

Carnival now charges more for these balconies. They are about twice the length of a standard balcony. At one time, they were the same price as standard.

If you book early enough, it is the same price as a standard balcony. We booked the Glory for next Spring and it was the exact same price as any other standard balcony. FYI :)

Also, I read on several posts that the bathroom door is only a problem if you have twin beds setup but if you have your beds put together, no problem... and that does seem to be the case in most of the pictures.

Archived